Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Creative Activities Linked To Letters

Does anyone have any fun craft activities to go alongside the introduction of the sounds at Phase 2 ?

We are onto p, i, n this week and wanted some nice activities to link to this. We introduce the sounds using Jolly phonics ?

Hi, we use Jolly Phonics too. Over the last few years, we have tried to make each letter as memorable as possible. So for i, we did some ink blowing, just like inky mouse spilling the ink. For n, we made paper aeroplanes... and used old hoops cut in half to make tunnels. We threw the planes to go under the hoop and made the nnnn sound. (Hopefully pointing out the n is like the half a hoop.) It seemed to work anyway. oh and for p... decorated buns with pink icing like pigs. We then put a candle on one and practiced blowing it out making the p sound. Not as good as the others in the remembering of the formation.... but the got the hang of the mouth formation and unvoiced sound. I think anything goes... that captures their imagination. Good luck.

Does anyone have any fun craft activities to go alongside the introduction of the sounds at Phase 2 ?

We are onto p, i, n this week and wanted some nice activities to link to this. We introduce the sounds using Jolly phonics ?

Buy a book by Belair called 'Sounds like this'. It has a ton of things to make/do for each letter of the alphabet with pics to show you how they should look. V good. eg

P : make potato prints, puppet people, pets survey, make postcards, talk about the police - have police role play(!!).

i: make invitations, taste indian breads, make 'Incy Wicy spiders', Have a decorated box and play 'Whats inside?.........................

Its a fab book!!!!! :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)