Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Observation Formats

Hi

I am updating the observation sheets for use in FS1 and FS2 and wondered if anyone would be kind enough to let me have a look at theirs?

Cheeky I know!

Hi not sure of this is what you're looking for but its a form our LA gave us for obs. Hope it helps xD

I really like the information in these - do you include photos as well? Have printed them off to show my deputy! Thanks :o

Maz

I use these and accumulate all my obs, post-its and photos on a separate piece of paper . Frequency of using the Learning Journey depends on whether there's a strong theme running through obs, or a new interest appears - basically very child led. When I identify something specific that the child is exploring I would add the relevant post-its and photos to the learning journey form and complete it then. You may remember the train or caterpillar sheets which I posted in resources some time ago? I also use these as part of the process and thereby involve the parents in the planning too. Part of the parental bit is the lovely 'Star' letter for parents that someone else shared ....

Hmmm, rambling now, sorry. I love these forms, quick and easy to use.

Thanks Jupiter, tht's the nicest observation sheet I've seen. :o Have you used them and are they user- friendly?

Yes we use them in FS1 and FS2, they're really easy to use, we have all adults in our setting using them and the info makes next steps easy to plan for. Glad they're useful

Edited by Guest

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)