Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Foundation Stage Profile

Hi could someone clear up the confusion for me? Does every child still need a priofile, even if they are at a Children's Centre or playgroup?

We do 'Learning Journeys@. It seems a lot of extra work. I am really confused.

Hi could someone clear up the confusion for me? Does every child still need a priofile, even if they are at a Children's Centre or playgroup?

We do 'Learning Journeys@. It seems a lot of extra work. I am really confused.

My understanding is that the short answer is yes, every child of the relevant age must have a profile - or a similar document which provides parents with the information - and that the setting must report the data to the local authority in the Summer term.

Maz

Are we talking about a "learning journey or tracking of progress through EYFS OR the statutory EYFSP at the end of the year a child turns 5?? 2 different things but our language is sometimes unclear.

For ANY child that will turn 5 this academic year regardless of setting or funding there will now be a requirement to complete the EYFSP summative assessments against the 13 scales based on the ELGs and send those to your LA who will tell you when.

For following a child's progress, which some still call a "profile" you have to develop records that help you to record what you need to and that are accessible to all users including parents. A learning journey book or similar would be part of that.

Cx

I'm talking about tracking progress through EYFS. Would I start that tracling at 30 months say if that is the age the children begin :o to attend our setting. If It is a childrens centre then would that profile begin at say 6 months, if that is the youngesat age of our children?

I understand that tracking must be done through observation but given how very busy everyone is . How can we develop a simple yet easily understood system. I would really welcome some examples. , or I'll be spendinfg all weekend yet again trying to devise my own.

Thanks