Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Outdoor Alphabet

Hi everyone,

What resources do you have outside to show the alphabet?

I did have phonemes on flowers attached to a washing line by cable ties and then pegs over the top.

But with all the wind were having they are all being ripped off, so I need a solution as it is driving me insane to keep re-doing them.

Any ideas or pics?

Thanks

Rachel

we use laminated leaves with letters attached to them in the trees the tend to stay up for a term then need to be re done so not to much work. we also use the laminated letters off of sparkle box as they are easy to laminate and put up, we leave a wide band of laminate aound the letter and hole puch so no water can get in. we use ping pong ball indoors and outdoors with letter on and fish for them in the sand and water. i hope this makes sense just checking in before leaving work

One school I have visited had theres attached with velcro. The teacher said it worked quiet well in most weathers. They also changed them regularly. Don't know if it would work.

wE BOUGHT SOME all weather oval shaped plaques with monkys on holding the letters of the alphabet,

I think they were £50 but well worth it as we were always laminating different letters and they never lasted long.

We have them in a long row and the kids put there bikes under the letters when they tidy up .you can hear them say im having p/g etc.

I will try to post a photo tomorrow. :o

We have laminated letters and numbers, usually tying in with our theme or topic, and then stapled to our outdoor wooden fence.

Other wise we use laminated articles and attach to shower curtains!

probably a really silly question Scarlettangel, but what do you attach the show curtain to?

Guest Jollytots
Hi everyone,

What resources do you have outside to show the alphabet?

I did have phonemes on flowers attached to a washing line by cable ties and then pegs over the top.

But with all the wind were having they are all being ripped off, so I need a solution as it is driving me insane to keep re-doing them.

Any ideas or pics?

Thanks

Rachel

Guest Jollytots

I have a great solution we use the large sponge alphabet puzzle, it stops the kids falling over and acts as an alphabet resource at the same timeXX

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)