Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Essex Tracker

Guest Wolfie

Does anyone out there use the Essex Tracker to record their assessments of children's learning. I know of a couple of nursery schools that have used it for their 3-5 year olds prior to EYFS and have heard that a new version is being brought out for 0-5s...does anyone know any more about it?

I use it!

The all new 'EYFS Target Tracker' links in completely with the new EYFS. If you are in a school setting years 1-6 may use 'primary target tracker'. Oh just noticed this is in nursery/pre-school discussion. I am in reception so not entirely sure how useful it would be for you. For reception you can produce lots of reports etc to track children or compare groups of children. I haven't looked into the development matters bits on it too much. I'm not sure how expensive it is.

owww whats that Wolfie? :o

Well, it's some kind of electronic system where you input all your data to track each child's progress. It used to be against the stepping stones but I've been told that they've extended it now to include tracking from birth. Not that I'm particularly in favour of such a structured approach you understand, but I'm STILL on the hunt for an effective tracking system which will be able to chuck out statistics for Ofsted in my Children's Centre and I've heard good reports of the Essesx Tracker...

What do you think of it Bethie? Is it user friendly?

Yes it is very user friendly. The previous version wasn't but they have given it a complete overhaul in light of the EYFS. As I said I only focus on the reception bit so can't really comment on the pre-school bit. I have seen that it does cover all Development matters from birth right up to end of reception.

And it is great at churning out statistics and graphs for ofsted- i've got a lot of beautiful coloured graphs and charts to amaze them with when they come a knocking!!

• 7 months later...

Hi, please bear with me...new to this!

Is there any way of importing photos into the software or is it literally like a checklist approach linked to the EYFSP? Can you make comments etc on the ind children?

How exactly does it work?

Sorry for asking what may be obvious questions.......!

Thanks x

We had trainng on it last year for the Primary and Foundation stage one.

As a school we decided not to go with it... didn't find it that useful and to honest although it was the ould version for Foundation stage it didnt do anything that you can't do with the profile software.

Hi, please bear with me...new to this!

Is there any way of importing photos into the software or is it literally like a checklist approach linked to the EYFSP? Can you make comments etc on the ind children?

How exactly does it work?

Sorry for asking what may be obvious questions.......!

Thanks x

Yes you can import photos, videos, and i think some images of work and possibly sounds/recordings. Don't ask me how though. I do tend to use it for the data and graphs you can print off.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)