Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Leadership And Management Fd

Anybody out there doing this?

Just enrolled last night in Year 2. Wish me luck. I am going to need it but looking forward to it. I still think this is needed in early years as often at management level different skills are needed rather than early years degree.

I got the information for the distance learning one at liverpool can anyone tell me if funding is available for this course? I contacted the university they sent me the pack i e-mailed to ask about funding but received no reply.

I got funding for the Liverpool one from my local early years team (county council) start the top up to a BA on Monday, the company I work for are funding that. Cant receommend the course at Hope enough, everything about it is brilliant - exceppt the finance module lol!!!

The funding was from Stockport Sure Start, I am a private provider our Sure Start Workforce Development Team are funding a large number of practitioners to undergo Foundation Degrees in Early Years, they are not as keen to fund management degrees as this is not the recognised pathway to EYPS, but as I had already started they agreed to fund the rest of it.

I would contact your Sure Start Office, as if they have money that has not been used you will probably be able to abtain funding for your degree. I do think that it is important to have people studying management and Leadership, as EYPS is about leading practice and therefore leadership skills are very important.

Good Luck

Julie

Leadership and Management are going to become HUGE over the next few years, as important as EYP. My funding came initailly through Transformation Fund now Graduate Leader Fund. I have changed as a person thanks to a university course. At 49 when i started I would recommend anyone to do it. Hard Work, Sleepness Nights, Stress, No Social Life , but it changed me . I have loved the last two years- not all the time but it is worth it.

Early Years Degrees are excellent but it will not equip you with the skills to manage a business and staff. This will, believe me plus 30 years experience does help!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)