Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Learning Journey Help Please

katiecar

Hi katiecar

I cant help with the nursery questions or the avatar as I havent been very adventurous with mine! However, if you do a search "avatars" you will find some answers. However, please dont choose anything that moves too fast as they have triggered migraines with some of us. :o

I have not seen a front page for the learning journeys on here when I have been perusing......

Have started mine without any explanation for now, and thought maybe when I was a few pages in I would let parents know about them so that they could share them!!

Sorry....... not terribly helpful either!!

Hi - we are going to be asking parents to come into pre-school - see their children's learning journey and explain eyfs to them at that point - so much to talk about, very hard to add to paper - Good luck - Dot :o

We have just written a quick letter to stick inside the front cover. It very briefly explains the purpose, what will be included and how they can help to collect information- photos and info about family and special events they we have asked them to stick in the back pages (working forward). We plan to send them home over the holidays for parents to share/update.

Hi We take our Learning journals which we call Special Books, with us on Home Visits before the children start nursery and we explain the EYFS to the parents. We leave the Special book with the parents and they help thier child decorate the front cover and add photos and pictures to start the book off. On the child's first day we have something to link home/school and the children love to talk about the photos and picthres they have drawn.

Busyjan, I love the idea that the family decorate it :o

This is my quick intro to our children's special books

Thanks a lot for this. It gives me some great things to put into the file in a positive way. sorry have not replied straight away but have been bogged down with work. You are very kind

]Hi everyone, I am setting up Learning journeys for my nusery and reception children and wondered if anyone knows where I can either get help to put in a front page explaining the learning journey to parents or has anyone seen this on the forum somewhere? I don't know about others but I am bushed just trying to set things up being new to nursery this month snf having this new planning to contend with and a 39 place nursery. Roll on half term when I will get a chance to do all the catch up things!!!!!! WHAT HOLIDAY? ha ha!! I would also like a little pic for my posts, where do I get a lovely moving pic for my profile name? Cheers

Hi, Not sure if this is the kind of thing your after. Its a letter to parents informing them about tthe learning journey and is taken from the bromley website.

mertonparker.x

Learning_Stories_Letter_to_parents.doc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)