Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help Confused

I am sure that I have heard that a level 3 staff member needs to stay in the room at all times. Is this true? :o

The situation is that a couple of days per week we will only have 1 level 3 staff member that is in. This has not happened previously has we had at least 2 level 3 in each day.

For example I am the only one in on Monday, we are based in a big room with the kitchen off to one side and tolilets through an open door, however when in there I cannot see what is going on properly in the main room. On top of this there will only be 3 staff members CRB'ed (including me) until the other 2's ones come back.

Now I am right in thinking that I cannot leave the main room as the only level 3 in, not even to help change nappies or do snack?

I get a feeling from a couple of staff members are not going to like this at all if it is true, the same will happen on another day when it's only the acting deputy in whlist I am at college.

Please help a very confused Beth. xD

Thanks in advance.

Beth

I didn't think the rules were that rigid. I thought as long as the level three was in the building it was alright to go and do some other duties. If not how would you go to the toilet. I'm not saying it is alright to be off the floor all day but for a short time should be alright. To be 100% I would need to read more as we do not have this problem.

I thought that a level 3 had to be on the premisis in a management position and then 50% of staff working with children had to be qualified to a level 2.

This isn't a problem to us either, however, if we did only have the level 3 manager on the premisis it would be impossible to be in the room with the children at all times as we are split into 4 interlocking buildings.

I agree with Lou - I think that as long as the level 3 is in the building and available, that is OK strictly speaking, although it would obviously be BETTER if they were in the room and involved with the children.

Phew I am glad I can go and do some duties including going and answering the phone if needed. Normally both me and the acting deputy have manged between us and had one in the room whilst the ohther is doing other things i.e. cuetpboard.

Well I am still going to have to be on my gard anyaway with 2 not yet fully CRB'd staff members, one of the CRB'd staff member does have a tenacy to wander off and not tell anyone where they are.

Thansk, from a more happier Beth.

Beth

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)