Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Mobile Phones

We have just started planning from children's interests and I am finding it strange although I'm sure it'll become easier.

Last week we observed that the children had a real fascination with the mobile phones we had in the home corner. They especially love the ones that flip open! Trying to think of ideas for activities we can do linked to this interest!!

Any ideas anyone??

Cath

You could get the children to learn their phone numbers and write them on large paper, could make a nice display. Lots of speaking and listening can me done around this theme. Perhaps a police station role play with bobbys on the beat carrying mobile phones, then they would have to fill out incident reports etc. They could make their own phones from junk stuff. I'll get back to you if i think of any more.

A nice number activity is to write the school phone number on a large sheet of paper and provide number cards to make the school phone number the children can them move the cards around to make and record as many different "phone numbers" as they can

We used to have a card with a photo of each member of staff, their name and number, and we would ask "Who are you phoning/going to phone), let's look at the numbers. The children extended this themselves by doing a face drawing of themselves and 'writing' numbers next to it :o

Is the interest also in 'flip' lids, can they 'add' a flip lid to boxes in the 'junk' area, How would they do it? maybe look at 'hinges'.

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)