Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Password For Completing Online Sef

When and how have you all recieved details to be able to log on to the SEF?

I have just taken over a nursery school so have been very very busy and have only just got around to attempting to look at the SEF and found that I can't access it. I havn't received any sort of log in details as yet.

I will of course Ofsted on Monday but just wandered if someone can reassure me before Monday!!

Thanks

Daisyx

Just had to let you know what happened when I phoned OFSTED about the SEF. I had trouble getting registered on line, so phoned them up. I had all the necessary paperwork, with passwords, security codes etc infront of me that had been sent via post to the setting. But because I was not the Leader and only the deputy and couldnt tell OFSTED when the Leaders birth year was, they would not let have the necessary codes to allow me to do the SEF on line. They said that the Leader should phone up when infront of my computer - which is impossible as we are both at work at the same time, its not a laptop, and evenings OFSTED dont work!

So, not sure when/how we are going to be able to do SEF online, which is what the setting wants to do. :o

YOU HAVE TO LAUGH!!!

I've always thought of SEF as a whole team task/effort, does that mean writing it out once then doing it again online? :o

Peggy

p.s. I suppose you just need her DOB then you each do it when you can xD

I have been trying to get on for days but Ofsted said system has crashed!!!!

They past me to WEB Help who said I have a government gateway account already opened and cannot get another one. ?????????!!!!!!!!!I only tried to log onto it that morning so have not already got one. They said they will ring when back up and running.

I am going to ask for a paper version to keep at setting in case something happens and everything is lost.

Expecting Ofsted any day so hope they are not expectiong one done.

p.s. I suppose you just need her DOB then you each do it when you can :o

I thought you could nominate more than one person to fill it in so that everyone who needs to can be part of filling it in.

I haven't tried to do mine again since I originally tried. Must dig out the paperwork and have another go! xD

• 3 weeks later...

Our Deputy who also does all the admin work on her home computer couldnt get on also, had password/ gateway, because she does all the tax online. She phoned Ofsted and they said she couldnt do it because she wasnt a manager and anyway they had no record of her even being at the group. She is the longest serving member of our group!!!!!!!!! We are going to do a paper copy at the moment till we sort this out if we can.

I have done mine on line

I first did it on paper, then rewrote it on line .

I wouldent say I had done it marvellously but its done. I printed it out befor sending. I intend to go back and make adjustments, after having a meeting with staff

It took me probley 8-9 hours ,on my home computor

I wrote notes on a a paper copy then did it online, i'm wondering if i have done something wrong as it only took me 2 and a half hours.... i did have problems getting online as code originally went to the chiar but i just phoned up and they sent me a code.. arrived in the post the next day...no problems at all....