Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Walking Ring

hello happy maz it was the early years resouces here is the picture and the description.

HOLD A RING WALKING ROPE

Ref: HY44

Perfect for field trips or just walking down the hall. 10 colourful rings are made of soft stuffed vinyl that is easy for kids to hold, plus each extra sturdy ring is big enough for two children to grasp so you can walk up to 20 kids at a time. 4.5mtr long.

Tell a friend

To tell some one else about this, enter their email address and click OK:

Price: £23.95 (Excluding VAT at 17.5%)

Quantity:

post-11495-1221257215_thumb.jpg

Thanks for this, killowengirl - it looks very good,and not as exensive as beth1 feared!

In chat earlier we talked about strapping them in to keep them safe and you said you weren't allowed to do this. I'm sure I've seen some that have what I can only describe as the harness that old fashioned reins were attached to.

I'd really like to be able to take our children out for a walk every day, but we just don't have the adults. What ratio do you maintain when out with your walking ring?

Maz

We also have one, thou not sure how much I actually like it!

Depends which child walks where as to who walks into who, if one falls over so does the next one, or they tread on the shoe of the person in front of them.

It's not so bad if they are alternate sides, but when you sometimes have two on one ring, it's a bit of a challenge.

Also find the one at the front is always pulling everyone else along.

Maybe we just have weird children, :o

jackie.

Maybe we just have weird children, :o

Jackie - we use a skipping rope with knots tied into it which the children hold, and our children behave in exactly the same way as yours, so I'd say your lot are pretty normal!

Maz

and a skipping rope is so much cheaper xD

Indeed! However it doesn't really offer the peace of mind of having them strapped in so they can't escape! :o

I have seen something called a 'Walk-o-dile' which reminds me of the device seen in Westerns - you know the thing that harnesses two horses together when pulling the wagons? Each child is strapped in and attached to a central pole with children either side. It looks great - but was very expensive.

I'd love to be able to take the children to the allotment everyday but can't meet the 2:1 ratio we work with when going out and about. I wondered if something more sturdy might help us go out with fewer adults whilst enabling me to feel confident that the children were safe!

Maz