Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted Visit

The primary school I volunteer in got the 'phone call yesterday. They will have inspectors in on Mon and Tues next week. School only started on the 8th and the reception children don't start full days til Mon!

Anyway I'll keep you posted on what they say about the EYFS. I've been laminating all day so that we can get some displays up! korkycat

Ofsted have been. This is a large primary with 2 reception classes run jointly in a large area and a third class will start in January. 3 inspectors - one with a particular interest in early years. I wasn't in on mon ( playgroup day) but apparently the inspector was in reception all day. Started with meeting 2 teachers at 8.15 then was in area until home time. Gave some feedback then. Today, inspector came in for an observation and lead inspector came and tracked 3 children and the teachers' interactions with the children. The SEF had a lot about the way reception has changed and the new facilities for outdoor play. Reception teachers had feedback at lunchtime. They have looked at everything - past, present and future. Targets, profiles, girls v boys last year; all planning, continuous provision; observations etc, etc. Welfare requirements not mentioned to reception - done by SMT. They are all exhausted - being watched so much. (welcome to the playgroup world!) Children behaved beautifully even though they have just started. Happy with judgements though it will be interesting to see what they actually write down. Feedback to SMT after school so I don't know final result but all other teachers only had fleeting visits as far as I know.

I suppose as the EYFS is now separate in school they had to start from scratch as previous inspections have only been the pop in and out sort. Hope that helps. korkycat

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)