Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Time To Build An Ark?!

Scarlettangel

I am a fairly easy going type of person..........

(Most of the time!!!)

But I have totally had enough of the rain.........

I usually don't let the weather get me down but if you look at it alongside the fact that where I live the council appear to have gone MENTAL in a big way it would get you down too!!!!!!!!

You see not only do you have to worry about where might be flooded but you also have to worry about where the workmen are!!!!!!

I think every route you try and take somewhere, has either been flooded or closed due to work.

It can now mean what seems like a 10 mile trip to get the 2/3 miles you really wanted to go.

Obviously no one can turn the rain off.......

BUT surely the council could have worked on the roads one at a time.

They have turned this place into a total nightmare and some days I just give up and stay in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its raining here again today and I have to go to a seminar this afternoon and I know it should take me 30 mins max to get there but with more rain theres flooded roads to consider and how many lots of roadworks to get through..............

Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Maybe I should have left already for the seminar this afternoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:o

I know what you mean about the rain and roadworks we have the been having the same here although too be fair havent had any floods and it has been dry for a day or too - well will probably rain now. Good Luck with your seminar - wahts it on.

I am booked on a lot of courses over the coming months for the Inclusion Development programme and am looking forward to a Letters and ounds one in October

I am off too work now.

smiles

ssame here.........................all through the school holidays, the roads were clear, and this week, first full week back at school, the council have dug up, and closed off, the footpath to the school (alongside an incredibly busy main road!), so children, parents with prams, buggies etc and the elderly folk in their electric buggies now have to dice with death on the road.WHY couldn't they have done it during the quieter holiday period??

Ours did close roads during a holiday period.. trouble is we are a seaside town!

Just cannot win.. made roads really difficult to get anywhere.. just as well locals know back roads..

Now more roads are dug up as it is no longer holiday period.

And the Motorway near us in 15 years I think there has not been a year when it has not been 'coned off' for some reason... Yep , end of holiday season cones are back.. think they come here to breed...

And don't get me started on rain

Really don't mind it, but a bit fed up with feeling 'soggy' every time I go out...

Inge

Thought it was just me!!

How glad I am to find its not!!!!!!!!!

Off to a seminar re funding for degree training!

I am hoping to do my degree..... but know financial things will influence the decision in a big way!

The good news is............ it isn't raining right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY! :o