Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Already Tired........

Scarlettangel

Hi all.

Just wanted to say that I was very excited about getting back to nursery and putting into practice the whole EYFS thing and now............

I have run out of steam!!!

Its rained continually (it seems) since we went back Tuesday which definitely affects MY mood (!!!) and suddenly this morning I am tired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am waking too early, my mind crowded with stuff I have got to do...... people to ring, things to organise!!!!!!!!!!!

And I was desperate to get back?

Had missed it all????????????????

Me?

Surely not!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah well, the plus point through the tired eyes is that our old nursery class did us proud on their first day in reception yesterday.

Two cried................ and we won't going into how many nursery sessions they attended that last term.............. because of their parents need to be in town shopping!!!!!!!

Do not get me started!!!!!!!!!!

OK so its off my chest now.

A cup of tea to revive me and then of to work I think.

Sorry all.

Thanks for listening!

I know just how you feel!!

I woke this moring so tired !!!!!!!!!!!

I thought I d got eyfs sussed(sort of) and I was really positve then I find out new info I ve missed and more stuff I need to do

and its cold!!

and looks like rain!!! again!!!

and its Friday!!!!!!!!

and was set to have a drink with colleagues last night and----- my development worker rang to say were we coming to the network meeting she was at the venue waiting!!!!!!!!!????? whoops!!!!!!

so instead of a drink and relaxing it was a quick turn around and a meeting and photocopying until almost 10.30pm !!!!

I childmind so have worked quite a bit of the summer and have extra ones in the holidays

I did get some time off but its rained !!!!and rained!!!!!!

next week brings the return of back to school normality-what ever that is

but I feel soooooooooooooo tired.

so I headed for the forum with my cuppa while I await the first arrivals and find some one feeling the same

thanks I dont feel so alone now

moan over !!!!!!!!!sanity returns (sort of)

Hope your day goes well

I actually do think that the weather does have something to do with it this time - I'm not usually affected by it but the gloomy clouds just seem to have been here forever! :o

I know just how you all feel: although my problem isn't getting up too early but not being able to sleep!

And I don't even go back until Monday.

Hope the sun soon comes out to make us all feel better - and at least its Friday! :o

Maz

I know the feeling, been tired all week. It must be a combotation of the weather and setting up at the begging of each session. Saying that we are in a windowless room so we can see if it is raining or dry without walking to the door or look out of the office window.

Our outdoor play area was drenched with puddles shame the children didn't have any wellies with them splashing in puddles at the end of the session before they go home.

Beth

I feel exhausted, not because of the weather, or because it's first week back. I feel exhausted because just as I was about to leave pre school today I realised that my car keys were lost! I then had to open up the cupboard, remove the tables and chairs and start searching. I searched through the play food, the play dough tools, the wild animals, the dinosaurs and was just about to start on the dressing up box when i saw them on top of the computer unit. Never been so glad to see my car keys........

Know that feeling well.. car keys put down at end of session.... eventually found on a chair by the door where I stopped to put something in the cupboard..... now I have them on a keyring which I can attach to my bag and they stay there!

Pre-school keys the same..one morning spent ages searching my car for them,m knew they were in there somewhere... yes in the ash tray.. and someone had closed it with keys inside.. we don't use the ash tray at any time..... another time lost in the boot which my husband calls the junk store (full of preschool stuff, you know just in case you need it.. or no room to store it... or dont want to lose it in the black hole...)

Inge

Never been so glad to see my car keys........

Now if that had been me I would probably have had to report that I emptied the whole cupboard, turned out all the drawers, looked in all the bagss/handbags in the dressing up trolley, repacked the cupboard and then found the keys in my pocket! :o

Glad you found them though - just think of it as an unscheduled workout. I'm sure you could afford a nice chocolate biscuit or three with a cuppa now! xD

I feel exhausted also..... think it's relief that all our new children have shown, not sleeping well because have a million and one things buzzing around in my head.....a mixture of everything really...and yes I agree the weather doesn't help!

I feel exhausted, not because of the weather, or because it's first week back. I feel exhausted because just as I was about to leave pre school today I realised that my car keys were lost! I then had to open up the cupboard, remove the tables and chairs and start searching. I searched through the play food, the play dough tools, the wild animals, the dinosaurs and was just about to start on the dressing up box when i saw them on top of the computer unit. Never been so glad to see my car keys........

MrsW & Inge, you've bought back memories which now I can smile about, I lost count of the times I lost the car keys, once the two large cupboards had been stacked and locked. Worse thing being we car shared so it wasn't just me who got delayed. :(

....then when I did find my car keys, one particular car I had needed a push start out of the car park everyday.....now thats when the staff did begin to rebel :o Key finding and car pushing was NOT on their job description xD

I can laugh now and it really is a funny memory, but not so funny at the time....so in years to come, when you're not quite so tired, I promise you will look back and think 'remember when.........and smile' :(

Peggy

when I woke this morning I thought it was Saturday,I had to ask my hubby what day it was.

I definetly think its the rainy days that make us all feel soooooo Tired

Debs

another time lost in the boot which my husband calls the junk store (full of preschool stuff, you know just in case you need it.. or no room to store it... or dont want to lose it in the black hole...)

I know just what you mean, Inge. I drive a little silver Yaris - not so much a car as an off-site storage facility! :o

I too feel like I am in need of another holiday! Spent this week on home visits meeting my new class. They were all lovely and seem really sweet. Ony 21 with the possibility of another 1 child who has just moved into the village- how will I cope??!! It is hard work being cheery and friendly and asking the same questions at every house! We got absolutely soaked working around the village. Plus its cold and I really want to put the heating on but it's far too early!!

Ho hum, only 7 weeks until I do actually get a holiday!