Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reception Short Term Planning

Daily_Plan_for_the_Early_Years_Class.docAdult_focussed_activity_sheet.doc

I forgot to add my daily timetable which can be added to or altered each day as required and my sheet for adult focussed activities. Does this make more sense?

I feel really unsure about my planning and sharing it has made me feel even more insecure. Perhaps I should just start again.

Don't panic, Timefallen, if it works for you don't ditch it, just refine as you go along. :o Could your daily plan include the details of when things are going to happen? Trust yourself, no-one ever tells us how to do the planning, they just tell us they want more! If you're like me your plans are always evolving - it's a never ending battle it seems! xD

Don't panic, Timefallen, if it works for you don't ditch it, just refine as you go along. :o Could your daily plan include the details of when things are going to happen? Trust yourself, no-one ever tells us how to do the planning, they just tell us they want more! If you're like me your plans are always evolving - it's a never ending battle it seems! :(

Hi, I agree and having sat through a staff meeting today where everyone else in the school is planning in entirely different ways to Foundation I can understand your concerns. It sometimes feels like LEA's are very good at supporting Eyrs in everywhere but Reception Classes. That's why it's so reasssuring to have this fantastic forum and all the encouraging comments.

This weeks whole school staff meeting was all about Medium term planning referred to as Learning Journeys to develop cross curricular links, Stage planners for individual subject planning and then planning for Literacy and Numeracy framework. None of which fits what I am developing using ideas gathered from here and from other local schools. I think we have to stick to what we believe works for our children, includes space for their ideas to develop and make planning work for us not be just another thing that has to be done. That said I know I have a long way to go to get it right for me in my school where there are other pressures from the other staff e.g maths co-ordinator etc.

Keep smiling and take it one step at a time

Nicky Sussex xD:(:(

Hi im an NQT in Reception and have just found fsf and i cant believe how you all jt share everything and those examples of planning are amazing espesh when all iv known id those awful generic uni ones!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)