Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

On Entry Assessment In Nursery

Guest bobby

I know it's late and you are all tired but please does anyone have any ideas for an on-entry assessment for a school nursery class.

I usually do the settling, chatting, playing and observing but our new head wants something she can use to show value-added at the end of reception. I'm stumped, as it goes against my beliefs but then i'm not in charge

We use the E - profile as an entry assessment. we try to observe the children in the first couple of weeks and then fill in the profile, depending on how many stepping stones they have this is their entry score.

we then update the profile during the foundation stage.

Prior to September, we would have observed the children and filled out, within a few weeks the boxes in the centre pages of the nursery profile.

We put this on the computer.............. coloured bits only so our head could get nice coloured charts to show Ofsted, Governors etc at the ned of their nursery life............

I think the value added is very very tricky in nursery from the point of view of someone just wanting charts and percentages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry can't help you.

Prior to September, we would have observed the children and filled out, within a few weeks the boxes in the centre pages of the nursery profile.

We put this on the computer.............. coloured bits only so our head could get nice coloured charts to show Ofsted, Governors etc at the ned of their nursery life............

I think the value added is very very tricky in nursery from the point of view of someone just wanting charts and percentages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry can't help you.

Thanks everyone. At least we can always guarantee on support here. Thanks

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)