Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Term Begins!

Guest Biker

Just thought I would share my day with you all.(I am looking for sympathy really.)

Yesterday all plans in place for start of term keyworkers assigned for all new children ,visits arranged, cover booked for those of us that worked through the summer who are taking holiday this term.we held a staff meeting just to ensure everything was in place.All went well everything under control feeling a little smug(ha ha)within an hour we received a call from a team member needing to give notice for family reasons and needs to be released asap.bit of a blow but with the team we have managed to sort cover out starting immediatly so new children have keyworker straight away and hopefully there will be a handover between the old keyworker for existing children and parents.

So all under control again(ha ha)

This morning i receive a call from another team member who had a fall last night and poor thing will need to be off for 6 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think i will give up making plans!

Biker :o

wow

you must have a good team to work through all that!

as a childminder if im ill i have to find some one quick or parents have to take time off work?

this is hard as we are only allowed 3 children under 5yrs of age,

and my back up can often be full.

plans go out the window all the time, i made plans to take a child to the zoo once - got everything in place almost got tickets in advance glad i didn't coz she didnt turn up!!

good luck for the rest of the week,

xx

Oooh, I do sympathise! What's that quote...something about life being something that happens whilst you're busy making plans??!! I'm sure someone will know the correct wording! :o

Oooh, I do sympathise! What's that quote...something about life being something that happens whilst you're busy making plans??!! I'm sure someone will know the correct wording! :o

Wasn't that John Lennon, Wolfie?

Oh, you poor thing what a was to start the term. Bet your stressed allready and wher not through the week yet. Plans can so quickly go to pot. Hope your week continues to get better x 0258 :o

Best laid plans of mice and men often go awry

Things can only get better,

The only way is up,

Chin up,

Oh dear!

Lifes like that

I think I will create a list for work of things to say when plans don't work out !!! -better than swearing :o feel free to add more,I already have a list of praise comments for childrens work so they get variety.

Don't fret Biker.I usually find if it doesn't work to start with it usually ends up better than planned.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Lennon

It is a quote from John Lennon but a quote not a line from a song

Thank goodness I read to the end this time before replying :o Thanks biccy!

My Nan used to say..."Never try to think ahead or make too many plans, because every now and then God comes along and lends a unexpected hand"........be flexible I think is the key here!

Hope the rest of the week runs smoother for you.

Don't you just love Nan's!!!

Would she have a word of wisdom for a mum whose child has lost her bus pass on her second morning at upper school and a year 10 child who now thinks shes font of all knowledge now her little sister is in year 7 ???

Don't you just love Nan's!!!

Would she have a word of wisdom for a mum whose child has lost her bus pass on her second morning at upper school and a year 10 child who now thinks shes font of all knowledge now her little sister is in year 7 ???

A fool and her bus pass are soon parted?

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing?