Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyfs Media Pack

Guest lucyevans

Thank you- I do feel that there has perhps been a lot of negative hype surrounding this however although I have ead through this and all the other stuff we have been given concerning the EYFS one thing stands out to me. If i was someone totally ignorant of early years education then I would think that over the past few years (or more) then most pre-scols and nurseries had done nothing more then just supervise children. All the good practice examples they keep giving are all things we have been doing for years anyway and I cant quite see what all this fuss is about. Can you?

Sorry, it's late and I'm not being very articulate am I making sense so late at night!!

Marion, as a reception teacher, I think you are right to feel aggrieved at the blatant ommission of Reception class in these documents. Especially as the whole point of EYFS was to be a 'seamless' experience for children prior to KS1. :o and NOT prior to school starting age (especially as children start before the compulsory school age of 5 yrs).

I think I will contact DCSF to ask them why Reception has been left out, and what message they think this ommision gives to the workforce and the parents. (not sure who at DCSF but will try)

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)