Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyfs Requirements

ok so im a childminder and i take the children out every day BUT!!!!!

NOW I HAVE TO DO A RISK ASSESSMENT ON ; EVERY OUTING? :o

HELP!!!!

I take the children to lots of different venues,

drop ins

zoo

indoor ball parks (3 different places)

library

park ( about 5 different ones)

shops hundreds!

other childminders settings and friends

children's parties

omg the list goes on how am i do do risk ass, on every place i go?

and can i not go if i dont have a risk ass in place?

another thing what format should i use to record my risk ass. on outings?

oh dear any help very welcome thanks andrea xD

Hello again my friend .!!!

dont panic you dont have to do a risk ass every time you go out.Just one for each type of outing.

I ll explain fully later as I m just on my way to care for 2 beautiful twin boys - it doesnt even feel like work out but saw you d been on and i ve just been sorting this myself

speak later

Hi I m back !

Risk assessment !!!!!!!

The the requirements for the childcare register-childminders and home childcarers that I received from ofsted on Friday state that

"childminders must undertake a risk assessment of the premises and equipment

at least once a year and

immediatley,where ther the need for an assessment arises.

We also have to keep a record of when these risk assements were done

The eyfs risk assessment for outings has changed the wording and we now need to do a risk assessment for each type of outing ,not every individual one.

Its on page 24 of the updated Statuatory framework book.

the q and a below is from teacher.net.

Why have you changed the wording of the legal requirement about carrying out risk assessments for outings?

The original wording of this requirement required providers to carry out a risk assessment for each specific outing. We have amended this to require them carry out a risk assessment for each type of outing. The risk assessment should be reviewed before each outing. This change has been made in response to concerns that it would be disproportionate to carry out a risk assessment for each outing.

Hope this helps

Janice

Sorry I ve just noticed thelast part of your question

I personally have a list with ticky boxes and I adjust the list for each type of outing-though I have to say theyre mostly very similar

I m going to record the risk assements I do either in the setting diary or on a separate sheet with dates etc for the premises one -kept in yet another file!!!!!!

Janice your fab,

many thanks for that, was getting quite worried that id have to stay with in 4 walls for weeks

untill all my risk assessments were done,

so one for each TYPE of outing eg, one for parks,

one for ball parks, one for shops, car, public transport etc etc etc

well thats a lot better coz the ones i have are going to be fine i'll just add notes in the OTHER section to reflect some differences.

thanks m8 chat soon

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)