Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

I was wondering if anyone has nursery voucher experience?!!!!

Our nursery is LA in the mornings and then offers wraparound care after that.

I bumped into one of my Mums in town who said that through work, her husband had been offered nursery vouchers......... she wants her daughter to use them to pay for the private afternoon provision.

We have only run the private part of the nursery provision for a year and in that time have not been approached by anyone with vouchers.

I told her I would look into it once back at school (ie ring county!!)

This morning I realised I should have asked on here....... would probably get better info on how user friendly they are (or not!!) and how they are actually used.

Would be really pleased if anyone can help!!!!!!

Thank you. :o

We've had many families using various voucher schemes, and the most popular one was Accor. It depends on the parents' workplace, and which voucher scheme it is registered with. Usually, the parent gets the information from their place of work, then gives you something to complete (registration number, etc) and then the voucher company gets in touch with you, often to register online and give your BACS details, if that's how you'd like to be paid. It sounds complicated, but once you're registered, you have to do very little. Once the parent has been invoiced for the nursery fees, s/he instructs the voucher company to pay you, and it magically appears in your bank acount! You get an email to say that the payment has been made, and for which child. :o

We've used ACCOR before, and I agree with Helen, once is all set up and running it's no hassle. Not got the details here at home and don't get back unitl Wednesday, could look then for you if you want?

Guest Wolfie

I accepted vouchers from various companies too - Busy Bees was the main one for me - and it really is very easy..if I can do it, anyone can! Ask her which company it is and have a look at their website or ring them up, it's usually a very straightforward process.

I haven't been asked before but this summer 2 parents with children starting in September have asked. I've now registered with both Accor and Busy Bees. The online registration process was really easy so hopefully actually accepting the vouchers will be too.

Al

Thank you all for the info!

I don't know why, but for some reason I thought it was going to be way complicated........

Not sure where that idea came from!!!

Well once the children return to nursery on Thursday I will get the Mum to check for me which compny they are from...... I know Dad works for a betting shop but Mum never mentioned to me which company were issuing the vouchers!

Again, many thanks for all your thoughts.

I do so love this site!!! :o

I accepted vouchers from various companies too - Busy Bees was the main one for me - and it really is very easy..if I can do it, anyone can!

Well I wasn't going to name names, Wolfie but since you have... Maybe its just me, but I find Busy Bees the least helpful company to work with. The amounts they send never matches with any of my invoices - they seem to just pluck a number out of the air and send me that! Who in a pre-school setting would ever invoice 99p? :o

I am also registered with Accor and Early Years Vouchers (or childcarevouchers.net as I think they're called now). Both are very good and straightforward to use.

Maz

Honestly, I've been using Busy Bees for a while and have never found any problems.I phone up to redeem the voucher, they acknowledge it immediately, then follow that up in writing within a couple of days and (so far, anyway!), the money has been in my bank account within a week and always the correct amount.

Yes we have found Busy Bees to definitely be the worse voucher company we use, many mistakes, many times not informed, sometimes payments taken from parents account but not paid to us!! Other voucher schemes we use are brilliant, especially the Imagine ones (run by Mid-Counties Co-op)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)