Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Baseline Assessment For Reception Children Help!

Hi, I am new to this! Can anyone help me with what they might use for baseline assessment when the children first come into reception. Any help/advice would be great! Dianen

Hi Dianen and welcome.

I always use the profile concentrating on points 1,2,3 to make a starting point or baseline. If towards the end of the first 7 weeks you think anyone is doing particularly well you can look at the later points. At moderation this year, my LEA confirmed that this was what they expected to see.

Guest tinkerbell

Hi Dianen

There is a lovely baseline booklet on the tes website in the resource section.It is an assessment tool for the first 3 weeks .I use this as well as other observations to make my initial assessments.

Tinkerbellx

Observation, observation and more observation - link to the first 3 scale points but it might be difficult to get the full range of contexts to really make that summative judgement so you will have to make sure your learning environment is supporting independent activity across a broad range. Records from previous settings should also be used.

Cx

i have just devised my own baseline assessment for the first 2 weeks and then will contiue observing from there. i took the stepping stones from each area and sorted them into the ones i would observe and the ones i would do planned activities and assessments for. i am then just going to timetable when i will do this.

i have attached my rough sorting out of stepping stones.

i hope that it will be ok.

observations_and_activities.doc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)