Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help! Can't Find It..

Hi I have searched the forum and can't find what i'm looking for... i'm sure on this forum i saw an attachment for where all the policies link into the EYFS... i have done a search and searched resources but can't find it... did i dream it!!!! Has anyone else seen this?????

When I see something I think will be useful I save it to my FSF folder on my desk top

good idea peggy!!! off to make a folder now as I can never find something i've seen

I've just added them to the resource library under 'policies'.

Hopefully then if others ask for this info in the future we can refer them to the library. :o

Peggy

Thanks Peggy....

Can i just ask .... i have now done all the policies... when doing your index how are people cross referencing... for example do we just say that child protection would link in with safeguarding and promoting childrens welfare or are people linking back to the principles........ hope this makes sense..... maybe i have been staring at these policies for too long and i'm making i too complicated...

sorry me again... also does anyone know what is in a non-verbal communication policy... my advisor says we need one... all i can think off is using gestures.. sign language etc.... is this what it means...

That's a new policy to me! Off the top of my head I imagine it would include body language, which could also include the staffs positive role-modelling, signing, makaton, visual cues such as visual timetables, signs and labels, instructions, and pictures used with children who have communication problems like autism. Not much help I'm afraid but I expect someone will be along who can give some assistance.

non-verbal communication policy... ?

I'm sure some advisors must have some kind of sweepstakes going on for who can recommend the most obscure new policy. How about an 'EY advisor interaction' policy - you can only nod and smile and must say 'that sounds like a good idea, I can't wait spend my weekend writing another new policy' while listening to your talking book version of the EYFS. :o

Seriously tho' a paragraph in an inclusion policy could surely cover this area. JacquieL's suggestions sounded pretty good to me.

Thanks Peggy....

Can i just ask .... i have now done all the policies... when doing your index how are people cross referencing... for example do we just say that child protection would link in with safeguarding and promoting childrens welfare or are people linking back to the principles........ hope this makes sense..... maybe i have been staring at these policies for too long and i'm making i too complicated...

I would say do what works for you, how does your thinking go? Which section are YOU most likely to turn to to find a specific policy?

It's a bit like every time I look up a friends phone number in my phone book, is it under first or surname? I originaly put it in the book under initial of surname but kept going to the letter of her first name, so I changed it, by how I think. Does that make sense?

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)