Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Caterpillars

We usually buy our caterpillars from insect lore. Grow them in the small plastic containers and they feed on what the children call "mushy pea food". At school yesterday i was looking at the veg garden at the sprouts, they were coverd in hundreds of eggs and hundreds of tiny caterpillars. ( same size as caterpillars through the post) Sily Question. Can i put some of these in our butterfly garden with the leaves? and miss out the small tub growing bit. Has anybody ever done this. I cant wait for the children to find these on Wednesday, the leaves look so funny, full of holes. There has been a very hungry caterpillar at school!

Im happy to send any through the post if you can send correct containers and p&p to me, this is after all how they all arive, through the post.

Jackie

I also have hundreds of caterpilllars, devouring my brocolli.... I go on a caterpillar hunt each day... my leaves are much moire like sceletons at the moment. just hoping I will still get some brocolli from the plants :o

I went out to look at my nasturtiums the other day and there must have been about 50 caterpillars all over the leaves! So far they seem to have stayed away from the veg, but the nasturtium leaves became skeletal really quickly!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)