Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Tes Members

Anyone a member of the TES website and got email with their name included in all the blurb? Think they are starting something new not read it properly.

An explaination!!!! I only joined TES last week having read a link on the FSF and was extrememly confused when I logged on again today as I did not recognise the home page at all!!! I think my daughter thought I had lost the plot as I kept remarking "this isn't the same as last time!!!"

So for once it wasn't my usual computer gremilins :)

No, its definitely not junk! Take another look. I logged in, put in EYFS in Resources section and I have just found the most brilliant excel document called EYFS Ages Calculator! I downloaded it straight away and it will be so useful as you input your children's dates of birth, one at a time of course like a register..... and it calculates their current age in months and highlights which bracket they will be in ( eg 40 to 60 months). Its going to save me so much time!

If that doesn't quite make sense, this is their description!

'Enter in your pupils' names and dates of birth (in the format DD/MM/YY) and this file will calculate their ages both in years and months and just in months, and will 'highlight' the stage(s) of the EYFS they are at. '

It does what it says on the tin!

I have a Mac so it must be that. I hope they sort it out then. Actually I have now had the email- or rather my OH has it has arrived in his box on his computer, but he doesn't have it set up for HTML so it doesn't look like a newspaper page.

Thanks Marion for the suggestion. I reckon I've got enough to be dealing with here though! :o

To be honest, I'm so proud of the FSF community that I don't spend time looking elsewhere and couldn't offer an unbiased opinion if I did, so I can't contribute further to this discussion. Except, obviously, that I hope we won't lose contact with anyone as a result of the TES evolution. xD

No e-mail for me - good. Have had a quick look at the new lay-out - all too confusing for me. It was no threat to this site before, and it certainly won't be now. As JacquieL says, you can get some good resources there, but the forum part isn't half so friendly and helpful. Long live FSF.