Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Keeping Track Of Scale Points

Hi all, have put together eyfs scale points into a class tracking sheet, I know its the dreaded tick sheet but personally like to see at a glance where we're at! Have used lots of things from other people so thought i'd have a go at posting something to share - have never done this before so hope it works!!

EYFS_profile_tracking_sheet.doc

Thanks for sharing Suse, I think a whole class tracking sheet is a useful tool to view the holistic development that occurs. And I think that as professionals, teachers know how to use such forms of recording in the appropriatte manner. :o (ie: not as 'tick lists')

Peggy

Hi all, have put together eyfs scale points into a class tracking sheet, I know its the dreaded tick sheet but personally like to see at a glance where we're at! Have used lots of things from other people so thought i'd have a go at posting something to share - have never done this before so hope it works!!

Effectively when you are making scale point judgements you are asking yourself "does the child, based on the wide range of observed outcomes in different contexts do this - Yes or No? Marking a tick for yes is absolutely fine in the context of EYFSP as long as you have considered the EYFSP rationale for making that summative judgement and matched your evidence to those exemplars in the handbook.

Cx

Yes Catma I realise that, tracking sheet is fully backed up by learning journey files for each child containing photos, observations etc. I just find it useful to have info summarised!

Yes Catma I realise that, tracking sheet is fully backed up by learning journey files for each child containing photos, observations etc. I just find it useful to have info summarised!

Then that's perfectly OK!!! The summary is the main starting point I want to see when moderating or working with teachers in class.

Cx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)