Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Is It My Age?

Marion

I was going to reply to a topic this morning but got sidetracked watching the cycling and now I can't find the post anywhere think it was about reading books :o

Have you started to get lost in the middle of sentences and then have no idea of what you were going to say next? Or spending hours looking for your sunglasses/reading glasses and find them on the top of your head? If so then that could be age related. xD

I think we all have senior moments from time to time, whatever age we are!

The only posts I can remember about reading books was someone asking questions related to the Jolly Stories books. If my brain were younger I'm sure I'd be of more help... Maybe its just a Marion thing?

Maz

Sorry Marion, my fault!

The moderators felt one of the replies to the thread I think you are referring to was less than supportive and not in the spirit of the community that we are trying to maintain here---remember "Lessons of Geese"? and I consequently made that thread invisible while we decide what to do next. The thread will be reinstated as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, if the cap fits? :o

As for keys, they went out through the cat flap when my son was small, leaving me locked in the house!

I've lost count (if you'll pardon the pun) of the things I've lost recently!

My glasses/phone/keys are on a permanent wander around my house on most days, I've left my handbag in Costa and it took me three days to (a) realise it was missing and (xD track down where I'd left it!

Now if only I could find the marbles I lost sometime in 1990 I could achieve world domination!

Maz :o

Now if anyone can point me in the direction of my house keys which have been missing for over a week I would be very grateful :wacko: :(xD

Not you too!! :o Mine have been missing about a month, so OH has changed the locks!!!!! :(

However, I know exactly where my Marbles are ! :(

We have a marble run at school which is always missing marbles and one of my little boys held up a bagand said "Mrs S I've found your marbles" :o cue loud laughter from the other staff... (it's now become a catch phrase xD ) So shall I send my master marble finder round Maz?

I've 2 sets of house keys which I haven't seen since the end of term, one set has the keys to my own kids bike and toy sheds, so I had to hack the old padlocks off and replace them before hubby noticed! Thank god he works nights so I can get a new house key (number 8 I think) cut if I don't find them.

Karrie

AHA, I can see a good market in keyless doors, I'd make millions, better start inventing a cost effective one and get it patented, and on to Dragons Den. Now which part of the anatomy won't gt lost, is always available and is counterfit copy free?

Yes.... the digit door lock, soon to be available at woolworth, B & Q, and JLM stores , nationwide :o

Peggy

p.s. I have a tub of marbles, anyone want to start the bidding? xD

So shall I send my master marble finder round Maz?

Unfortunately he'll need to be a time traveller: back to the Nineties! :o That was the last time I remember being in full possession!

Well... could you remind me what I'd need to do with them? :(

Well they might be a good cure for all that desk head banging you seem to be doing lately. xD

Peggy

ps I DO love your avatar but just watching it does make my head hurt, I'm just such an emphatic person. It's a bit like on my Wii games, if my Mii knocks her head (ie: on the football game) I always say 'ouch' even though it is virtual. :o:(

Peggy

ps I DO love your avatar but just watching it does make my head hurt, I'm just such an emphatic person. It's a bit like on my Wii games, if my Mii knocks her head (ie: on the football game) I always say 'ouch' even though it is virtual. :oxD

I know what you mean: I subconsciously duck every time I drive into Sainsbury's multi-storey car park in case I bang my head!

I shall look for something gentler next time!

Our last head had lost her glasses and spent all day hunting for them and was getting rather ratty!!!!..... by 3:15 Lynne our TA offered to help her.It went something like this...

"what do they look like?"

"Well they look a bit like yours..."

turned out Lynne had answered a phone call about a sick child first thing and needed to write a message.Without her glasses she'd picked up a pair on the desk and when the phone call had ended she and walked out the office and worn the glasses all day. :o

(head didn't see the funny side unfortunately)

Its not hard to do that in that car park though Maz, I think I wince too!

I used to make the children do it too: I could tell they were beginning to think for themselves when they pointed out that the car's roof was over our heads! :o