Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Planning Using The New Eyfs

Hi everybody! I'm new to the FSF and hope that it will prove to be an extremely useful resource! I'm statrting a job in Reception in September and am unsure how to plan for my children using the new framework. Has anybody implemented a system that uses numbers to speed up planning? I can't imagine having to type out each ELG or stepping stone (I knw theyre not called that anymore but I can't remember their name!) on my planning each time! Also, I'm unsure how to record childrens progress who are not quite on the profile yet. I've thought about printing out each set of targets for each area of learning for each child and highlighting each one as they are achieved but this will surely take up a lot of room? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi Charlotte and welcome.

I have only ever planned to ELGs in Reception. I differentiated to take account of children's development and used the stepping stones in that way or as a learning intention towards Goal development.

I listed the Goals in the order they appeared and gave them a numerical reference to prevent all that copying out and that should still be possible, shouldnt it?

You are unlikely to find in reception that children are not achieving at least some of the profile unless they have profound special needs and then you will need to show progress developmently. Pre profile I tried assessing and recording against the stepping stones and it was unmanageable and meaningless because of that so I wouldnt advise that!

Thanks Susan, I think I'm making it more difficult than it actually is! You have put my mind to rest and now and I have a few ideas of how to document progress simply and visually! I'm looking forward to starting in September! :o

Thankyou!

Hi everybody! I'm new to the FSF and hope that it will prove to be an extremely useful resource! I'm statrting a job in Reception in September and am unsure how to plan for my children using the new framework. Has anybody implemented a system that uses numbers to speed up planning? I can't imagine having to type out each ELG or stepping stone (I knw theyre not called that anymore but I can't remember their name!) on my planning each time! Also, I'm unsure how to record childrens progress who are not quite on the profile yet. I've thought about printing out each set of targets for each area of learning for each child and highlighting each one as they are achieved but this will surely take up a lot of room? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi and welcome. The forum is great. Hope you find it as useful as me!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)