Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Save The Planet?

Thought I'd start to actually write something on the nice new planning sheets I'd decided to use, and low and behold they're just not big enough to write everything on. Well not with activities I had planned and ideas the children will hopefully come up with. So it's back to the drawing board.

And I thought I was doing so well! :o

Jackie

Just thought I'd share that with you whilst having tea and biscuits, again!

Just thought I'd share that with you whilst having tea and biscuits, again!

I'll say cheers then as I drink a nice cup of Earl Grey (no biscuits though :o )

Are you going to make them A3 sized or have a complete re-think? Its hard when you work things out on the computer to see how it will look on paper isn't it? Good luck.

Maz

I'll just make the columns bigger & put it onto 2 A4. Be quickest and easiest, but then probably photocopy it onto A3 at school.

Should work-in theory,

jackie.

I'll just make the columns bigger & put it onto 2 A4. Be quickest and easiest, but then probably photocopy it onto A3 at school.

Ah the restorative powers of tea! You're lucky you can photocopy them onto A3 at work - but it does make life more complicated to have to do this doesn't it?

Maz

Well I think I have actually done all the new paper work bits, updated policies, make new observation sheets, continuous provision, templates for literacy and numeracy, long term plans and hopefully everything else that needed to be done.

Just now need to fill some in, weekly plan, numeracy and literacy plans and oh I'm sure to think of more!

When you think you've nearly finished there's always something else to be done, and I can't think for one minute it's all correct, but I'm living in hope :o

Jackie

I think their is going to be so much handwriting now because I feel we will be constantly changing plans and adding children's interests, observations etc............. One example I saw recently was a mindmap - topic idea in middle and the 6 areas all around it. Still working on mine

Yes that's how I've done mine-for child initiated ideas- but only time will tell if it works.

Not sure when we are actually going to have time to play with the children with all the planning and paper work we're going to have to do.

And just remembered that now they have done away with the foundation stage booklets, which I always sent home at the end of the year, I've got to make my own. So much for being finished!!

jackie

niteresting idea about a mindmap.... this is the only area i'm unsure how to record at the moment... the ideas the children come up with to go in the planning and how to go about getting their feedback... my children are aged from 2.. and we have 75 on roll... just not sure how to collate this etc...