Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Things To Do In Plymouth!

Guest Wolfie

Guest Wolfie

We're off to Plymouth for the weekend! Most of the weekend is already "booked up" for us but on Sunday morning I want a nice long walk along the beach somewhere nearby. Are there any Devonians out there...or other people who know Plymouth well!......who can tell me where I can find such a place to walk, within striking distance of the town? :o

For us a walk to or around the Hoe is a must when we visit Plymouth. My husband was based there for years and a pasty is the only other thing he needs to keep him happy for ages!

Have fun in Plymouth, last time we were there we noticed huge changes mostly for the better. Although the road planners still retain their natural ability to make up their road systems as they go along!

Sharon

Yes, I agree with sharon. I live an hour from Plymouth and a beach would be a good car drive away.

The hoe is definately the place to go.

Although living by the sea, I only go to Plymouth for shopping or the theatre.

Whatever you do, hope you have a good time and the weather is better than it has been !

Jackie.

Guest Wolfie

Well our main reason for going to Plymouth is the football! :o But we hope to squeeze in some other activities for the non-football lovers in the family too! xD Thanks for the suggestions!

Guest Wolfie

We can but hope, Peggy, we can but hope! I've got a terrible feeling of optimism at the moment which isn't usually a good sign! :o

Hi Wolfie

I live in Plymouth. Why not catch the ferry from the Admiral's Hard Stonehouse to Mount Edgecombe. It's about 1 mile from the City Centre. It's only about one pound to cross and when you get to the other side you can take a lovely stroll around Mount Edgecombe Country Park (also a small beach there). Link to the ferry timetable below:

http://www.tamarcruising.com/

Mount Edgecombe is beautiful and there is a lovely little pub where you can purchase a traditional Sunday Roast!

Take a look at Mount Edgecombe here:

www.mountedgcumbe.gov.uk

Have a lovely time. Hope the weather is nice!

Vicki :o

Guest Wolfie

I'm back! I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO RAINED ON IN ALL MY LIFE!! So much for sightseeing, I could hardly see two steps in front of my for most of yesterday! :o I had two lovely meals and bottles of wine in the evenings to make up for it though, so not too bad.

Oh, and the footy was good, though we was robbed! xD

Guest Wolfie

Glad to see you taking an interest in our fortunes Maz! xD The scoreline doesn't tell you the full story!! I have to say, a visit to the Madjeski (sp?) Stadium is also on my list this year! :o

Edited by Wolfie

Glad to see you taking an interest in our fortunes Maz! :( The scoreline doesn't tell you the full story!! I have to say, a visit to the Madjeski (sp?) Stadium is also on my list this year! :(

Ooh do let me know when - I'll come and meet you! xD

I don't really follow football much these days: probably due to the overdose of it in my childhood (and now my two brothers and, two nephews and nice are all qualified refs) :o But once you know someone is an avid fan its difficult not to take notice of the scorelines! Thankfully none of my children have been overly interested so I've been spared the whole 'touchline mum' thing.

Have you dried out yet?

Guest Wolfie

Just about! :o

Your suggestion got me so excited that I ran off to check the date of the fixture...unfortunately it's a night game - Tuesday January 27th - so it's unlikely that I'll be able to go unless I'm on an early that day (shifts with the new job)! But I'll certainly keep you posted! xD

Edited by Wolfie

unfortunately it's a night game - Tuesday January 27th - so it's unlikely that I'll be able to go unless I'm on an early that day (shifts with the new job)!

How inconvenient is that? :o