Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Operational Plan

We had an advisor come in last Friday and she said it was no longer a requirement to have an operational plan although it is very advisable. She said to treat it as a 'one-stop' information point and that ours was very over the top. We were told to streamline a hell of alot and told us just to include policies that were required aswell as other policies that were a requirement of other places i.e health and safety. She also asked why we have separate policies covering lots things when they could be encompassed in a few thorough policies.

Thanks for that karen,

How frustrating is it all, you just never know what OFSTED inspector's requirements are, what their expectations are - how they were trained etc.

Hi nanny McPhie,

i found your link very helpful indeed i've just taken on the role of pre school leader and do not have an operational file in place so this has given me some idea of what to put in it.

thanks

Zoe

Ive revamped my Operational Plan to include the EYFS under the 5 outcomes of Every Child Matters.

I trawled and trawled to give myself some inspiration to start and found this, thought I would share in case anyone else was in the same position.

http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/eyfs/Inserts.pdf

Please can anyone help me open this page as it would help me so much, I keep getting a message saying the file is damaged. Thank you

Hi

I am in the process of re-vamping the operational plan as you are. I looked at the link, does this relate to Pre-school as well as child minders? (Sorry to sound thick) I am trying to see if there is an updated front sheet to use. Our last one came from Pre-sxhool learning alliance, but cant seem to get hold of anyone in the know there.

Thanks

Lisax