Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Opening Times For Pre-school

dont know anything about 4 hours.. but 2010 is the target for 3 hours.. or 15 hours a week , that said different areas are starting it earlier.. ours is from Sept 09 so check with local LEA.

Inge

Guest Wolfie

Hi Lisa - Inge is right, several authorities are already pilotting the 15 hour entitlement, it's being rolled out across the coutnry gradually to be everywhere by 2010.

I think you're right, I've also heard something about the hours being increased even further in the future but don't remember any more detail than that!

We are in Leicestershire and are already opening 3 hours per day. This became compulsary for us at Easter. I think we in Leicestershire will be doing the 20 hours in 2010!

We recived a letter a while ago saying that entitlement would be increased to 15 hours and then increased again to 20. Not sure on the timeframe though.

We are in Leicestershire and are already opening 3 hours per day. This became compulsary for us at Easter. I think we in Leicestershire will be doing the 20 hours in 2010!

Yes I think you are right Brenda...............4 hours in 2010 here in Leicestershire. We've already had staff threaten to leave!! Not looking forward to it myself!!! :o

Does anybody know when it is that two year olds get their, I think it was 9 hr, entitlement? I thought this was being trialled somewhere in London?

I've read so much information recently it is all very hazy and my information might be muddled. Happens all the time?!!

We are in Leicestershire and are already opening 3 hours per day. This became compulsary for us at Easter

what times do you run?

what times do you run?

We are open from 9.15 to 12.15pm.

Yes funding does go up for the extra hours. You get paid by the hour and receive £3.47 per hour which is £10.41 per morning.

Our current contract with Cheshire LA has been extended to March 09, they are supposed to be writing in Jan 09 to inform us of changes - so my guess (and it is only a guess!) is that Cheshire will start rolling out increase from Sept 09? Who knows?

I did hear a whisper that funding will be hourly, with incremental rates for certain services provided eg how flexible you can be!!, what your Ofsted report is like!!!!! and other little gems like that - but not certain of the credibility of the info - it wouldn't surprise me if there was a sting in the tail somewhere though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)