Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Threshold Application Advice

Just wondered if anyone on here had recently completed a threshold application and got any advice? I've not got a lot of help filling it out due to changing my job and I'm finding it quite difficult. Called the NUT for advice but they were useless to be honest! Any tips or ideas of what to include would be very mcuh appreciated. :o

Just wondered if anyone on here had recently completed a threshold application and got any advice? I've not got a lot of help filling it out due to changing my job and I'm finding it quite difficult. Called the NUT for advice but they were useless to be honest! Any tips or ideas of what to include would be very mcuh appreciated. :o

There have been quite a few threads on here about threshold application - have you tried a Forum search?

Maz

Hi

When I did mine I included lesson observations, Ofsted report with anything that is specific to your role, report responses from parents - anything that proves you are great!

I've just given mine in and a couple of people on here were ever so kind and let me have a copy of theirs - so if mine is accepted (which i don't think I know till October - not sure on that one) I can let you have a copy of mine. Or if you really are desperate you can PM me with your email address and I can send you a copy straight away- but without the certainty that it's a successful application!!

First of all good luck with it.

Secondly I found some brilliant advice on the TES website where someone has uploaded two completed forms. I used those as the bases of my own application (which was successful).

Also make sure you put in as much evidence as possible, I put in about 30 bits of evidence which showed where I had met the standards - and some evidence could double up for more than one standard which is also good.

My only problem was self doubt through it all - was I really sure I was doing it all - at least finding and justifying it to someone else helps with a confidence boost.

Good Luck again

Emily-Jane

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)