Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Spontaneous Activity!

Guest Wolfie

Guest Wolfie

I don't know what's happening in everyone else's part of the country but we're in the middle of a massive downpour here in Staffordshire...

So much so that our patio completely flooded with about 4 inches of water...Ding! Bright idea! The patio is in desperate need of a good scrub so my daughter and I have put on our flip flops, grabbed the brooms from the garage and some Fairy Liquid and have just had the best half hour's fun in ages! We've giggled solidly, scrubbed, swept and sloshed the water and bubbles everywhere and just had the best time ever! :o

Edited by Wolfie

This has literally just hit us here in Berkshire, Wolfie!

I do hope someone was on hand to photograph you and write it all up for your learning journey. How many stepping stones do you think you've evidence? :o

Hi - here in sunny surrey no such luck - love the rain - I too have a rather dirty patio - but Big Brother on in a mo - said i would not watch, but can't help myself - :o

Sounds great fun just becareful it doesnt leave the patio slippy.

We had a similair downpour a couple of years ago and I hung out of the bedroom window and squirted fairy liquid in the conservatory roof to give it a clean.It made the roof pannels slippy so they gradually moved/slipped and created a hole in the roof :o Now we just have a dirty roof as our neighbours are bird feeders and we have a row of larger species constantly sitting on our guttering waiting for lunch!

One of my favourite nursery activities is to squirt fairy liquid on the playground in heavy rain and going out for a paddle.

A couple of weeks ago it was pouring mid morning. I took 6 boys out to run off a bit of energy and we had a fantastic time. The drain in the middle of our garden was blocked so there was a huge puddle. At first the boys tried to empty it with the buckets from the sandpit, then a wheelbarrow was fetched and finally they tried sweeping the water out with a broom. It kept them occupied for ages because the water ran back almost as fast as they emptied it. By the time we went back in we were all soaked through but they all ran in and imediately started telling others about the puddle.

Al

Edited by Guest

By the time we went back in we were all soaked through but they all ran in and imediately started telling others about the puddle.

Fab - that's what its all about really!

I, too am a bubbles in the rain person - we're all coming out of the closet!! :o At our last Ofsted it was tipping, but I took a group of children out (suitably attired!!) and the Inspector was quite impressed!

For the record, I am not a Big Brother fan and never watch it! (sorry)

Sue

My family and I went for a beautiful walk through some glorious golden corn fields this evening. It was so gorgeous it even made me run, this does not happen very often nowadays and it was so enjoyable. My two boys were having a whale of a time as they kept running along then tripping in the tractor tracks but they didn't hurt themselves got up and started running again! Even my husband joined in, we must have looked so funny to anyone watching but I think it was only a partridge and a few blackbirds who noticed!!

I'm not a Big Brother fan, prefer a bit of Gok Wan myself!! One day I will be beautiful!!