Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

A Wonderful Day

Inge

We have just had the most brilliant last day with the children .

Weather is glorious, hot, sunny and just what was ordered.

Everyone met us in the park, mums, dads, grandparents, older siblings, younger siblings and of course 'our' children, for a picnic and play. we took over a very large area, children had fun playing and families all joined in, parachute was very popular with everyone, children directed the play!

Looking from the sidelines for a while made us very proud to have such a friendly supportive group of parents, all were together and enjoying each others company. Lots of extended family there too and a surprising number of Dads.

Some will return , but most are moving on to school, and a few sad children and parents left us at the end of the day.

I am now enjoying the chocolates, wine and wearing some lovely jewellery chosen for me by one of the children, the flowers filled all the vases and a brief rest before going in to clear that dreaded cupboard tomorrow!!

Hope you all had a good end of term whenever it was..

Inge

Sounds lovely, Inge!

Reminds us of why we do the job, doesn't it?

I am left quite exhausted by our cupboard tidying yesterday - hope yours goes well!

Maz

Thanks for sharing Inge, bought back some happy memories for me. Doesn't it feel great when all the children, staff, parents and extended family have these get togethers. :(

As for cupboard tidying, sorry I will gloat and feel very happy that this is one chore I don't have to face again. Still once done and dusted you can relax.

My 4 children's time clocks were still in school mode this morning, up and noisy at 7:15am :o Still, had a lovely day relaxing, children in the swimming pool (only a 10ft one), finished my Joanna Lumley autobiography book, and looking forward to some BBQ's if the weather holds out. xD

Peggy

Guest MaryEMac

We finished last friday with a pirate party. Everyone dressed up even me. One child refused to come as a pirate and came as spiderman instead. We had a great time. The cupboard/filing cabinet tidying was done on Monday and Tuesday and then freedom, (apart from the paperwork to do for new children, staffing rotas, register etc, etc, etc....)

Today my daughter and I took my son's children to the sea-side at Hunstanton or Sunny Hunny as it is known locally. Weather was glorious, children well behaved, sea was cold :o . We took them to the sea life centre which they both loved especially when the sharks swam over our heads. It was a lovely day and we are both tired but it was worth it. I've got both children again tomorrow and they have asked to paint and play football, so I will be tired again tomorrow night, but it will be worth it.

Enjoy the break everyone, let's hope the weather holds.

Mary

We finished last Friday with a Toddle Waddle where we raised well over £300 which I am very proud of as we are only a small setting. Followed by a picnic for the first time ever every child had at least one parent or family member with them some had parents and grandparents with them it was absolutely fantastic. Everyone was happy and interacting with each other and very relaxed. I was given lots of chocs and flowers, its amazing how quick the chocolates disappear!!

Today was great weather wise though wasn't it have just spent the last few hours helping my parents get all their newly baled hay under shelter. I know tomorrow I'll be aching all over!! It was great fun though and my two young boys had a great time.