Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Foundation Unit Organisation

I am just about to be the reception teacher in a foundation unit.The only other staff in the unit are two qualified TAs both very experienced in early years.Reception has 27 children full time whereas nursery is part time 12 am and a different 12 pm.Is any one else in this situation...how do you organise it successfully? My main concerns are: how we can provide continuous outdoor with only three adults in the whole setting, fit in reception weekly 1 to 1 reading (which is a whole school policy),...and so many more !!!!

Be really grateful for any ideas you have found work well.

Thanks

Andrea71

Hi Andrea71

I work in pre-school and so am 100% useless to you in terms of giving you ideas - but I just wanted to welcome you to the Forum!

I'm sure the wise folk on here will rush on here soon with more ideas than you can shake a stick at!

Maz

I thought i'd be the only one mad enogh to be on the computer this time of night !

Its a pretty good bet that I'll be here in the wee small hours at some point, Andrea. I have no life!

I am just about to be the reception teacher in a foundation unit.The only other staff in the unit are two qualified TAs both very experienced in early years.Reception has 27 children full time whereas nursery is part time 12 am and a different 12 pm.Is any one else in this situation...how do you organise it successfully? My main concerns are: how we can provide continuous outdoor with only three adults in the whole setting, fit in reception weekly 1 to 1 reading (which is a whole school policy),...and so many more !!!!

Be really grateful for any ideas you have found work well.

Thanks

Andrea71

hi I am a reception teacher in quite a large setting with 26 reception 36 AM children and 26PM children, I also have to follow whole school agendas, such as a shortened version of the Literacy hour, Maths strat and put into effect any short fall if children are not meeting national expectations...while I am in the separate class (ajoned to the unit) the other 2 NNEBs and a teacher simply close off areas to allow for outside play areas are rotated so children can access the whole foundation stage throughout the week. Our inside area is simply too big to be managed with 2 staff while 1 is outside. Each week a freeflow experience is planned for each area of the curriculum and planned for experiences usually can be taught inside or out.

Hope this has been helpful and Welcome!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)