About Us
Tapestry

Book List !

Hi guys, I'm wondering if anyone read the following PLA publications :

The role of Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator in pre-school settings

Working towards better practise - SEN and Impairments

Encouraging positive behaviour in early years settings

Equal chances

Do these contain lots of info and would you say they were worth getting?

I'm doing my SEN option in my level 3 and there is a list of 7 books that are classed as essential. The sceptic in me is thinking that since the course is linked in with the PLA, is it just a method of selling more books. xD

Any info would be fab :o

thanks very much

Sal

Generally I have found PLA books useful in the past, but I'm not sure I'd go out and buy them for one unit of the DPP. The copies I have are probably older versions anyway: have you looked in your college library? I would think it might help you to look at them first before you buy: and find a member group to buy them through so you can get a membership discount if your group isn't a member!

Maz

Mmmmmm. I think you might be right about a method of selling books!! When I did my DPP our tutor had a large amount of books for loan. And on our book list we only had 3 essentials (for the whole course), of which none of those were on it (I did SEN too).

Thanks for that HappyMaz and Shiny. I think I may try to get by without them, but get something applicable through my local library.

Thanks again

:o

Sal

Don't know about the other books but I have the Behaviour Book and it hasn't really taught me anything I didn't already know.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)