Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Garden Insperation For Tiny Area

hi this is my first try at a post

I have just registered and do not know if I am doing this correctly but here goes......

we had our ofstead recently and was happy with the way it went one of their suggestions was to continue to develop our outside space.

we moved settings last year and have gone from having a super space with lots of space and scope for activities to a tiny yard with an ally for bikes.

i feel we use the well but would be gratful for any ideas we could incorperate

hello and welcome to the forum!! We too have only a very small garden area (though we are fortunate to have a huge field next to us which we can play in), and one of our next projects is to get the garden area spruced up with the children's help.We have drawn out a scale plan of the space and have sorted out seed and plant catalogues so the children can show us what kind of planting they would like to have (they can cut out the plants they like the look of and ''plant them'' in their little paper gardens), we're also buying a new computer with a grant we had, so they can plan online!.....we have talked about poisonous plants and why we can't have them in our garden, and why the space is too small for play equipment such as a climbing frame, etc..we are also going to have flower boxes on our yard area and maybe even some old tyres filled with plants such as tomatoes etc.we're going to have a trellis or two up the walls of the building, so climbing plants, such as nasturtiums, or sweetpeas etc can be grown......I'm really looking forward to getting this together, so we can attract some more wildlife to the garden

we have a big sandpit,a mark making area although they do tend to chalk all over the pavements and wall too. We have a bricked flowerbed infront of the fence whcih acts as a trellis we are growing veg in at mo. :o

thank you for all your replys i do feel we offer our children a good range of activites for our space we have and seeing the comments backs up want we are already doing. looking to add to our growing area chalks are a ferm favourite and water painting, and this term we all discovered spray bottles are great for making marks and cooling everone down. we also added a number of different coloured pegs which are great for sorting, counting, making patterns and fine pincer movements

thanks to all Daz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)