Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Keeping Records

I wonder if anyone can help ...

The setting at our local village hall (private Pre School) closed down yesterday and I am setting up a new one under another name, new registration no in Sept. The manager has left all the records from when the named Pre School opened way back when!! The village hall management have said that these shouldnt have been left as the setting has now finished - I know that they have to be kept - but where????

Any advise thanks

I would think that as a private preschool any financial records relevant to PAYE etc should be kept for 6 or is it 7 years by the previous owner. I'm quite flabbergasted (spl) that they have been left available to all to see, I would think this totally contravenes (spl) the Data protection laws that the previous owner should have been registered under. :o

Peggy

I'm also interested in this - how long does everyone keep records for? I.e registers, children's attainment records etc - I understand that accident and registration forms have a long 'shelf life'.

I am going to try and attach the records retention doc I received earlier this year. If it doesn't work please bear with me I'm mew to this.

Well done, Lisa: worked perfectly.

What a comprehensive document - good old PLA!

Maz

Thanks for that Lisa,

I keep my Ofsted registration certificates with my Insurance certificates, can't remember where I heard from that I needed to, but think it is possibly due to Ofsted Registration being a requirement of the insurance company. :o

Now I know for sure, with info of where the requirement comes from (last column) I can start shredding some of my attic storage. :(:(

Lisa, maybe you could post a copy into the resource library,(admin section) same method as uploading to a post, you clever girl. If you could just check for copyright first though, thanks xD

Peggy