Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Last Day At Pre School

Well I have finally done it and left pre school and finished my foundation degree.

So I have my first summer off in 7 years, woohoo.

No planning, worrying about maintenance of the pre school, no operational plan/policies and procedures/prospectus updates to do, well until Sept when i start my 3rd year of degree.

Feeling very emotional and keep wondering if I have done the right thing. Lets hope I pass my degree!!!!!

I would just like to thank everyone for all their advice and support over the last few years.

Unfortunately for all of you, I will still keep putting my tuppence worth of advice in.

Have a nice relaxing summer and don't work too hard.

Net xx

Have a nice summer without the paperwork. Have you thought of what you are going to do with all that time on your hands? :o

What are you going to do after the summer holidays apart from the 3rd year of degree? I wish you good luck and happyness for the future.

I don't break up until 12.30 pm tommorow, then its 6 weeks to update policies/procdures, rotas and interview for new staff. Oh and start looking at how to do my research for FD! Both mum and me are planning on one big trip per week with a couple of smaller trips too so then its not all work, work, work.

Beth

Edited by beth1

Congratulations Net on finishing your FD. :(

Know how you may be feeling on the leaving/emotional level, must admit I took a little while to work out what my role in life was post preschool work. I felt :o then xD (loss of identity) then and now :( :wacko: I really don't know how I had time to run my preschool and do all the things I do at home now. xD

Must admit I have been asked if I'll provide training cover at a small local village sessional preschool, just a day here and there to enable the staff to access workshop training. I think will say yes because after 6 mths away from it all I want to 'experience' the EYFS so I can partake in EYFS conversations o the forum. I will however keep my prioritise 'at home' with the Foster children.

I am sure that you will enjoy your 3rd year study without 'work' and get really indepth with your research etc. Also I bet your sons will still keep you busy at home and you too will soon wonder how on earth you managed it all before. :(

Glad to hear you'll still chip in with your valuable advice, knowledge and support on the forum as Shire says it just wouldn't be the same without you.

Peggy

Hi Peggy - how wonderful it is that you are a foster mum. My parents fostered a little boy when I was 9 (he was 7). When he came to us he could not speak as no one had ever bothered to talk to him. Well this year I am 40 and I am very proud to say that each week he pays me a visit and he is the most wonderful brother to me and uncle to my kids. The role of a foster mum changes the lives of kids in such a remarkable way - and you are really making a huge difference to the kids you foster -Dot :o

Hi Peggy - how wonderful it is that you are a foster mum. My parents fostered a little boy when I was 9 (he was 7). When he came to us he could not speak as no one had ever bothered to talk to him. Well this year I am 40 and I am very proud to say that each week he pays me a visit and he is the most wonderful brother to me and uncle to my kids. The role of a foster mum changes the lives of kids in such a remarkable way - and you are really making a huge difference to the kids you foster -Dot xD

Thanks, I'll PM you and let you know about my fostering, so as not to hijack nets posts. :o

Peggy

Thank you all.

I have just received and interesting offer, so watch this space.

Net x

Leave us in suspense why don't you. :o Obviously your talents are too good to leave idle, for even a short space of time. :(xD

Peggy

The role of a foster mum changes the lives of kids in such a remarkable way - and you are really making a huge difference to the kids you foster -Dot :o

Dot - you made me cry! If ever there was a good advert for fostering, your words would be it.

Maz

An excellent person to make this offer to :o I used to tutor at my local college, part time 24 hr contract (worked double in reality, what with planning sessions etc xD ) I loved it and only left to start my own preschool. (after visiting one of my students at the setting I subsequently bought)

Let us know what you decide won't you.

Peggy

Thanks Peggy,

Before I had the offer I signed up to a couple of agencies. The college will only be part time so should still be able to do a bit of agency work to keep my hand in.

I am also in the process of starting up a youth club in my village as well as doing my 3rd year. I think I will end up busier that I was when I had the pre school. LOL

Net x

I think you will be much busier, but I do think a busy mind is a happy one. :( The Youth clb sounds interesting, congrats to you for starting something from scratch, I don't think I'd have the energy for that myself.

I've been asked to do some supply cover at a local village preschool to enable their staff to access training, so I may be doing a few days here and there, I decided to say yes, for the same reasons as you, to keep myhand in and keep up to date. The sector changes so fast now or is it my brain that has slowed down so it just seems that way. :oxD

I'm also going to start some training related to my Foster work, get the ol' grey cells turning again. :(

Best wishes for all your new ventures and the completion of your 3rd year.

Peggy