Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Outdoor Area

Hi and welcome - we started out by asking our caretaker to make a very large sand pit which children could climb into to dig etc.. he also made us some planters. We then put a request out to parents for any old scooters, bikes etc.. we had them checked for safety! This was 2 years ago and each time we have a spare bit of cash we have spent it on developing the area. We held a lot of theme days which children paid a pound to join in with i.e dress as clown day. Parents were very generous with donations when they knew what the money was funding!

Guest Wolfie

Welcome to the forum Katie! I reckon that a subscription to Learning Through Landscapes might be a good investment? They have tons of resources to help you wth outdoor play.

Hi there, we have a 3 tiered area outdoors now, although when I started 7 years ago there was absolultely nothing there except for weeeeeeds!.

The first is beach area - very popular with the boys as it mainly consists of load of stones ( garden centre) and spades/buckets/a pulley system and wheelbarrows.

The middle bit is a giant decked area which we use for mats and seating, dolls house, chatting etc

And lastly we have an area which is is soft surface - and is great for everything else really.

My advice is get your parents on board. I bet there willl be a few who will happily give up time and embarace the project. Skips outside B & Q are great and any one updating there garden usually has a few bits too. Good Luck xx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)