Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyfs Planning

laura

Thought I would share some of our medium and short term planning ideas that we were shown at our course..

Our county, Lincolnshire, have suggested we plan using the 'zones'. The first one is a medium term plan with a column to put the Development Matters area then space to put adult led activities and how we enhance the area through observations. They suggest putting our first ideas in black and then adding other activities from our observations in other colours.

The second sheet is what we are going to use weekly as we observe the children. As we observe the children and take notes on stickers for their files, any interesting things can be written on the sheet for us to use to enhance the zones. This can then be added to the medium term plan.

The final sheet is for observing a zone.

Hope these help. At the moment I am in the process of doing routines and also a coded overview of the Development matters so I will share these when they are done to!

Medium_Term_EYFS.doc

Enhanced_Provision.doc

Observation_Sheet.doc

thanks Laura will have a look later when I have waded through the new Are you ready for inspection? document just another bit of light reading!

we also had some training from our authority on the same areas it will be interesting to compare what differing authorities are doing.

sue

Thanks very useful as our autority hasn't brought anything in yet - we have been told it will be ready in september, then they will cascade training on it... how helpful

Hi Laura - thanks for your posts - you have had loads of downloads - thanks for putting it on here for us all to take a look :o Dot

I'm glad people are finding them useful. I have used so many of the wonderful ideas on this forum so I'm only too happy to share some of my things. It's just finding the time to do things with a 10 week old baby and a lively 2 year old who always wants my laptop when it comes out! He's flaked out on the sofa right now so I've got half an hour to play!

It's for pre-school but I'm sure they could be used for Reception as well.

Thanks, found your stuff useful. Im new on the forum today. Im a registered Childminder, all our Development Officers keep saying is "Don't worry, you're already doing everything you need to do, you just need to formalise it a bit"! Well that's obviously a load of old tosh!! Went on an Introduction to EYFS only to be told what's in the pack we got sent already. Also told that Ofsted have'nt decided how they will inspect Childminders under EYFS. Helpful-NOT. So feeling a little stressed about how to go about all this in a way that is acceptable, without disappearing under a steadily increasing pile of paperwork. I'm hoping to find a balance where I still enjoy my job, the children I look after still enjoy being with me, and I'm not disappearing under a pile of paper and forms or have my computer permanently attached to my person! :o

Hi Suzanne and welcome from a fellow childminder

I ve just read your post and can say thats just how I feel you re not alone!!

I know we should be pleased that were being treated on an equal footing to other settings.But they ve got staff .most childminders are on their own and I cant help feeling that just enjoying being with the kids ,having fun and letting them be children is getting lost under paperwork and us disecting every thing they do

On the bright side this is a brilliant site with lots of information and support and its totally addictive!!!

NCMA is sending a EYFS getting started booklet out to all childminders-not just members and its got some ideas in it -dont know if you ve seen it yet .

HIi Laura

how do I open the attachments, what programme do I need to read them as when It opens in Wordpad most of the text is gobbledy gook!

Thought I would share some of our medium and short term planning ideas that we were shown at our course..

Our county, Lincolnshire, have suggested we plan using the 'zones'. The first one is a medium term plan with a column to put the Development Matters area then space to put adult led activities and how we enhance the area through observations. They suggest putting our first ideas in black and then adding other activities from our observations in other colours.

The second sheet is what we are going to use weekly as we observe the children. As we observe the children and take notes on stickers for their files, any interesting things can be written on the sheet for us to use to enhance the zones. This can then be added to the medium term plan.

The final sheet is for observing a zone.

Hope these help. At the moment I am in the process of doing routines and also a coded overview of the Development matters so I will share these when they are done to!

Medium_Term_EYFS.doc

Enhanced_Provision.doc

Observation_Sheet.doc

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)