Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Graduate Leader Fund

Has anyone received their share yet? Are your level 4 nvq staff receiving or going to receive the third strand? Do you have to be doing a Early Years Foundation Degree to get it? I await your replies!!!!

I cannot claim the Graduate Leader Fund because we will only be open for the core hours of the 3 hour funding and apparently settings need to be open for 4 or more hours per day. So I cannot really comment.

Beth

Beth has your LA actually refused you because of that? I only ask because our LA put in a special request to the CWDC and were granted permission to include our setting in Graduate Leader Fund payments even though we don't open for more than 3 hours per day. I had to state my case firstly explaining that I wouldn't be able to complete EYPS if we did not receive some funding as we are a registered charity, etc. But they were successful so if you haven't asked it might be worth asking them.

To OP we have received ours because I have a degree and I am doing EYPS so sorry I can't help with your questions.

I've just recieved funding for the next part of my FD. A condition of recieving it was that I have to gain EYPS within 2 years of graduating and I had to sign a garantee stating this. This was not a condition last year when I first started.

My setting also recieved a bursery from them which can be used to give me some time off should I need it or for any other stuff I may need.

i am going Thursday but i have heard if only doing level 4 CCLD you do not qualify for GLF. Only Foundation Degree will be accepted. I do not think this is right as for one reason or another staff may be unable to attend college 2 nights per week for three years. I am doing a degree in Leadership and Management but apparently you must be doing Early Years. Again if you can do EYP without having early Years Degree why not? Curious to see what is happening throughout the country

we are increasing our opening hours partly to be able to access GLF - I gained EYPS last year. Just heard, have been approved for the GLF funding which will really help next year. we will use it to guarantee hours for 3 members of staff for 3 years which normally we can't do.

A

I received the transformation fund, and am expecting to receive the graduate funding. I employ an EYP -

I am ok with the £4000 being used to support the wages of my EYP, but I am struggling to assign the £4000 to workforce development, most of our training is funded and any that isn't is only a nominal fee, you need a lot of £10's to make up £4000.

I haven't even started assigning this years £2500 of the transformation fund to workforce development, any idea's on what any of you spent it on????

Thankx.........................