Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Early Reading Booklet For Parents

I have put together some information for my parents/staff/manager about the development of early reading skills. which im thinking about making into an a5 booklet.

could anyone take a look at the attacthment and let me know what they think

any criticisms or advice on changes i should makeor parts to remove/add would be appreciated thanks

xxx

development_of_early_reading.doc

Have just had a quick look - thought it is informative and 'easy' to read - parents should find it helpful. What a good idea for parent partnership.

Well done, Northernbird - you're making it really clear for your parents (and your N.N.!) exactly what your priorities are when it comes to reading and exactly why they don't need ORT! Hope they begin to take it on board. is your N.N. beginning to understand this a bit more and to back you up yet? Keep us up to date with how it all goes!

Emma

I think it looks really good. Agree with the above about putting some pcs/clip art in but I appreciate you probably haven't finalised it yet! Cheeky question but will you be making it available in the resource bank when it is is finished?

I think it looks really good. Agree with the above about putting some pcs/clip art in but I appreciate you probably haven't finalised it yet! Cheeky question but will you be making it available in the resource bank when it is is finished?

:o thanks for everyones comments

I dont mind anyone copying it, what a compliment, but dont know how to put it in resources bank!!!

Hi

The content of the booklet is very good, and laid out in a logical manner. Think the previous comments about clip art to break up the text are good ones, and perhaps the odd well chosen quote as you come across them in your work, but that's only a suggestion. Thank you for sharing your hard work.

have added the clip art and it is laid out on the page as you would need it to print it off to make the booklet, so page 1 with page 10 etc.

look any better???

oh an emmajess NN is still no better to be honest, maybe this will help her see what is important

development_of_early_reading.doc

Edited by Guest

A really good booklet northernbird, comprehensive, compact, and visually good.

Maybe a web link to the DFES or similar site for additional info and acivity ideas for the home could be added. (although not necessarily necessary :o )

I do personally think it's a shame that 'adults' still need this type of info ie: to make learning fun!!

Well done, you've put a lot of work into this and it's great you are sharing it. xD

How to place in resource library

Resource library under Resources tab, left of screen.

Select resource library

select management / admin

select 'Add file' (tab a top right of screen)

select 'continue (the catagory should automatically say management/admin)

File name: ie: Parent Literacy Booklet (oe whatever you want to call it)

Comment box - put a brief description of the booklet / it's purpose / audience

select 'browse' to find your word doc on your computer, click on your document.

select Add Submission

hey presto, it's in the resource library. :(

Peggy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)