Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Purchase Trolleys - Help Please For Child Initiated Learning

Hi All - to all of you out there who just love to pack away that lovely shared hall space, do you use trolleys to store resources on and are they then placed in your workshop areas so children can initiate the resources on their own - if you do have some good buys ie frame not too heavy, as I do want to keep my back straight, just for the moment - please would you let me know where you purchased them from :oxD:( Dot

Hi and thanks for bringing this up....weare in the same situation....and are also unsure, other than Galt catalogues etc althouth they are quite expensive. We have thought of looking at hairdressing trolleys..mobile and child friendly.

Good luck.

Hi - did get a hairdresser trolley at our local £1.00 shop but not a £1.00, £10.00, but as it is plastic I wonder how long it will last - also want something where I can store boxes ie various construction - Dot :o

we bought a wooden unit on wheels from homebase in natural pine with sections for storage boxes. Argos also sell similar £80.00 for 9 sections or £60 for 6 sections. Item numbers 875/7166 and 875/9535 on the website.

Ok long explanation but near an Ikea? If not you can buy these online now!

Antonius Range

You have to buy in bits and choose the ones you want but we have a frame with wire baskets to hold items in (or you can buy shelves or cloth drawers) and you also buy the castors for it..

This gives a lightweight sturdy unit which can be wheeled easily and in fact is not too heavy to lift and carry every day/

We use a similar one to this but from Homebase.. cannot find it on their web site. but again bought the bits and put together a similar unit.

we can fit a range of boxes and other bits in the drawers and children help themselves.and see what is in them.. just the smaller pieces fall through the holes.. we find them very good for the water and sand toys with a cloth underneath to catch fall through!

Inge

(Ps as an aside anyone have a suitable unit on wheels which will not topple over for storing childrens coats when they arrive! Ours is really old and heavy to move)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)