Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted Visits

Buttercup

i recently read a topic where people were asking about ofsted visits. we were registered in January and were told that they would do a visit in 6-9 mths. it would probably not be before september because of all the changes.

GUESS WHAT monday morning 9am ofsted turned up. I was shaking all morning. they came back on Tuesday morning i was still shaking. This was my first one. we did really well and got Good. I am so pleased that what we are doing is alright.

Anyway i can now relax but if you are due an inspection i suggest you stay on your toes until the end of term.

THEY ARE STILL OUT THERE!!!!!!!

Angela

I am so on my toes that I have been updating my SEF all weekend. Registered last October and still waiting - think (hope)it may be Monday as they have been in the area!! Not ready but I don't think I ever will be. Got the usual mad boys running round desperate for summer holidays and their next transition to nursery. Maybe they will turn up on Thursday when we are at the farm.

Congratulations Angela I hope we do as well as you!!!

Edited by denisse

I am so on my toes that I have been updating my SEF all weekend. Registered last October and still waiting - think (hope)it may be Monday as they have been in the area!! Not ready but I don't think I ever will be. Got the usual mad boys running round desperate for summer holidays and their next transition to nursery. Maybe they will turn up on Thursday when we are at the farm.

we started in September 2007 but my business partner left in December (did not realise the work involved - I did warn her) any way had to re register £155 new number and suitable person check nothing else changed. I am so glad she has been now. It was such a releif to know that I have been doing the right thing for the last 10mths. I can now improve and look forward to the next.

parents were suprised there was no warning. There was definatly no show and no preperation she took us how she found us which to me was a good acheivement although a warning would have made me mor mentally prepared.

best of luck just be yourself

angela

well done angellaw, at the end of the day good practitioners need not worry about unannounced inspections, I think it is really good that the result was, as you said, "she took us as she found us", this is how it should be and proves to parents that we are all 'proffessionals' who take our jobs seriously and don't 'put on a show' for inspection purposes.

All credit to you for showing that what we do is good, all the time, not just for inspection.

Congratulations to you and your staff team. :o

Now you can relax and have a stress free end of summer term and summer holiday. xD

Peggy

Congratulations from me too! I know 2 other settings who were in your position and still waiting. I will pass the message on!

We were told at a recent forum meeting that although we were inspected last November we could be 'done' again from September as part of the new EYFS inspections even tho we got outstanding. Anyone else heard this?

What a great way to end the academic year! Well done :o

LJW, you're right about the inspection process. The whole cycle will be starting again, regardless of whether or not you've had a recent inspection.

:o We were registered in may 07 and finally had our inspection on thursday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and was told we had a strong good ( her words) our inspector said that if we had been inspected on the old system we would have had outstanding!! so we were all really pleased.

SHe said that they will fit in everyone who needs inspecting before end of july/august .

i was also told that as I am within school grounds I could be re inspected between sept /dec as part of the school inspection. What Joy.

The recommendation to get outstanding would have been if we had put our weeks planning not just in the main area of pre-school which it is but needed to put in entrance lobby!(Just a hint to those still waiting). and i thing there was a forum on how many focus activities per day ? we do 1 or two per day and we were told that this was more than enough.

Well done you.

I am still waiting for Ofsted to turn up, they have 3 weeks left and I have a strange feeling that they may turn up eather when we do our big toddle next week or right on the last week of term. They will also do my suitable person interview at the same time which will be fun.

If they do not turn up until September I will be having a fun 6 weeks holiday of being on tender hooks for the first day back. Hee Hee now that will be fun as we would be using the new EYFS satutary framework.

Beth

the inspector did not take much notice of my planning. There were quite a few things she did not look at including staff records/qualifications.

The suitable person check was a doddle. She went through the standards and ask questions no problem. Gave advice if unsure of the answer. It seemed like they were there to help not to test.

best of luck everyone waiting

did not discuss when they would be back i hope it wont be september

angela