Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Drama Courses For Adults Over The Summer Hols?

Hello again,

I'm thinking about doing something a little different over the summer holidays which will benefit me mentally and also enhance my teaching skills in the area of drama. I have worked with a theatre group but im looking at developing my knowledge in drama.

I am wondering if anyone knows where i may begin to search for this type of course?, i have googled it and nothing suitable has come up. I am hoping there maybe a 3-5 day course.

I hope someone can point me in the right direction!

Thanks for reading

Lyd :1

I'm not sure where you would find a course over the summer holidays as these seem to be run in term time as CPD, or as part of degree courses. Perhaps you could try your local colleges or an Arts Centre, if there is one nearby. I assume you are talking about 'process drama' rather than theatre, if it is to enhance your teaching. If you Google 'process drama' you will find quite a lot of info, which is interesting reading in itself. Perhpas Google Summer drama courses as well.

There are lots of good books on the subject, but reading is not as much fun as going and doing it so probably not really what you want. Have a look at books on Amazon, and I can recommend anything by Dorothy Heathcote, Gavin Bolton, Cecily O'Neill, Jonothan Neelands, Joe Winston, to name only a few.

In the Articles section on the Forum there is an interesting piece by Lesley Hendy, and of course those I have written about how I use drama in the Early Years. :o

Best of luck- I quite fancy doing something myself now, as it is really wonderful taking part in these types of dramas with other practitioners- lots of fun too.

I'm not sure where you would find a course over the summer holidays as these seem to be run in term time as CPD, or as part of degree courses. Perhaps you could try your local colleges or an Arts Centre, if there is one nearby. I assume you are talking about 'process drama' rather than theatre, if it is to enhance your teaching. If you Google 'process drama' you will find quite a lot of info, which is interesting reading in itself. Perhpas Google Summer drama courses as well.

There are lots of good books on the subject, but reading is not as much fun as going and doing it so probably not really what you want. Have a look at books on Amazon, and I can recommend anything by Dorothy Heathcote, Gavin Bolton, Cecily O'Neill, Jonothan Neelands, Joe Winston, to name only a few.

In the Articles section on the Forum there is an interesting piece by Lesley Hendy, and of course those I have written about how I use drama in the Early Years. :o

Best of luck- I quite fancy doing something myself now, as it is really wonderful taking part in these types of dramas with other practitioners- lots of fun too.

Yeah im definitely a kinaesthetic learner, learning best from being actively involved. I'll give process drama a whirl to see what comes up, ill let u know! I've come across alot of art - oil painting etc holidays where you learn and I was just hoping there maybe something similar in the area of drama. I'll check out my local arts centre too, i know they have drama classes during the week in term time.

Thanks again Jacquiel.

Hmm not many summer courses around for educators- if that is what you want, but there seem to be plenty for performers. There is one for teachers but it is in Ireland, which might be a bit expensive because of the travel and hotel.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)