Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Reception Planning

Hi there, this is the first time I have posted on here so please be kind!!! Hehe!

I'm looking for inspiration with my planning systems.

I currently do:

A medium term plan which really identifies key areas for learning and development we want to address in the term e.g. my cohort are we in the CD area of learning, therefore this term, we have done a big focus here.

Weekly planning - more of a timetable and floor plan really - things we want to do and when e.g. adult-led tasks and focussed obs for example and then the floor plan, extra things we are going to add into the different areas.

And then we do a daily review of each day

And then plan for the whole class inputs for the next day on another sheet... This already takes 6 A3 sheets of paper and does not include individual children's next steps planning sheets, key person / small group sheets (BECAUSE I JUST DON'T KNOW HOW TO FIT THOSE IN TOO!!)... Help!!!

Unless I want to be buried in paper I need a much more manageable and tree-friendly way of planning. And there are also, of course, massive time implications...

Can anyone help?! I have looked at the EYFS materials but it's no use!! Has anyone got it mastered - any help would be very much appreicated!

Thanks, Jess x

Hi Jess and welcome to the forum. As you might imagine you are not alone - planning as a topic comes up constantly on the forum with everyone trying to find that perfect magic formula. :o If you do a forum search on 'planning' you will find lots of past conversations which may be of some help. Also look in the EYFS part of the forum and you will find plenty of recent threads about planning. xD

I am going to move this into the dedicated Reception area for you, where you may get more response. :(

Hi Jess and welcome to the forum. As you might imagine you are not alone - planning as a topic comes up constantly on the forum with everyone trying to find that perfect magic formula. :o If you do a forum search on 'planning' you will find lots of past conversations which may be of some help. Also look in the EYFS part of the forum and you will find plenty of recent threads about planning. xD

I am going to move this into the dedicated Reception area for you, where you may get more response. :(

Thanks Carol, I appreciate that, Jess x

Welcome to the Forum, Tess!

I'm in pre-school so I'm of no use to you whatsoever! However there will be plenty of people with advice to give so hang on in there.

Maz

Oh, and we're kind no matter whether its your first or 4000th post :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)