Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Early Excellence Conference

Guest budgie1

Have just returned from the early excellence conference and it was really good. Feel quite enthused and ready to go now ( although after 4 hours on the train ready to go to bed now!!) You should have a good day ( and a yummy lunch!)Enjoy!

Guest budgie1

Glad you enjoyed it! I was really pleased to hear him back up many things that I have been saying to my head eg WALT / WILF have no place in a child centred curriculum. I also thought that the three mountain story was inspiring. I wish I could get hold of a copy!

Glad you had a good time, I'm enthused too after Tuesday's visit.. loved the learning journey books and hope to start something like that. Loved Jan Dubiel too and would love that poetic child's quote - hope Jan gets a significant say in birth to 5 assmt. Liked the high profile for PSE and communicating. What a treat.

Guest ang40

ang40

loved the conference, i to left feeling up lifted, gona trial the learning stories as so informative and child friendly, just hope we can get our parents onboard !!! we can but try (again)

:o

Hi surfer

liked your link but the one Jan Dubiel shared came from Reggio care of loris malaguzzi

Edited by Guest

Guest Wolfie

The high profile for PSE and communicating sounds very like the approach Pascal and Bertram are advocating as well - the ACE scale. Was it mentioned?

The Three Mountains of Time was a quote from a child attending a Reggio Emilia setting describing the model she had made to explain time. Jan used the quote at the beginning of his speech and presented his own version of it at the end to sum up his future vision for assessment.

Guest Wolfie

Ah, that explains it then Marion! I could lsiten to her for hours, she just speaks so much sense. I have to confess one more thing..until this thread began, I though Jan Dubiel was female!! :o

It was Karen Ramsey presenting the Learning stories in place of Wendy Lee who had to fly home due to the sudden death of her mother.

She's getting a lot out of her trip - we saw her at Pen Green on Saturday! I guess when you come all this way you have to make the most of it! :o

I have to confess one more thing..until this thread began, I though Jan Dubiel was female!! :o

You would think they'd make it clear in advertising literature/course information wouldn't you? Its an easy assumption to make isn't it?

Maz

Still keeping my fingers crossed that you get the mountain quote from Jan, Marion, I searched Google without success and would really love to share it with my work colleagues too!

• 2 weeks later...

I got a reply from Jan Dubiel today "Apologies for the delay; I have had to check copyright and legal issues; everything from Reggio Emelia pre-schools belongs to Reggio Children and permission has to be sought. The excerpt is from a book entitled 'The future is a beautiful day' and is by Georgia, 5 working with staff with staff at preschool of St. Ilario d'Enza,. Please reference this with any use.

Jan Dubiel"

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)