Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Safeguarding Children/child Protection

Dont know if anyone can help me. I have just read we need a statement for child protection and cant find one at our pre-school. As I have been given the role of designated person I feel I need to do one. Can anyone help me in writing this up and what it should contain. We have an ofsted inspection due soon and I want to get it into place asap

Many Thanks

Moocher

Dont know if anyone can help me. I have just read we need a statement for child protection and cant find one at our pre-school. As I have been given the role of designated person I feel I need to do one. Can anyone help me in writing this up and what it should contain. We have an ofsted inspection due soon and I want to get it into place asap

Many Thanks

Moocher

Many Thanks, great work

We get our parents to sign it on the 1st settling in visit when they complete all of the other paperwork, Ofsted loved that we do this

i suppose you could have the statement as part of your policy if you felt it necessary as long as the points from the EYFS welfare req's and pg 14 of the practice guidance are covered.

Like the idea of getting the parents to sign to say they have read the statement/policy its one step further than just making sure copies are available.

Paula

One of the reasons we use a statement as well as a policy is the sheer length of the Safegaurding Children Policy now, following guidance from our local Board - I can't see many parents reading the whole thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Where does it say a statement or statement of intent is required or a good idea? Just produced one as a good peice of evidence for my EYPS file, and can't find any mention of it specifically in EYFS ?!!

Thanks

Lucie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)