Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help For A Friend

Hi there,

just been asked a question by a friend who did a BTEC in Nursery Nursing 10 years ago - she now wants to get back into working with children after a long break and was wondering if she needs to do any more qlalifications to help her to do this.

Thanks

Sarah xoxo

I would advise her to contact her local FE college or Local Authority's early years team to see what they would advise.

Whatever the status of her qualification I would suggest she does some form of updating training - a lot has changed in ten years!

There is a web site where you can check out whether your qualification is still valid, and what level it is. I'll have a look and see if I can find it (or someone clever will probably have it bookmarked!) :o

Maz

Found it here but actually it is more about what qualifications are suitable for working with babies and young children. Perhaps your friend can check whether her particualr BTEC is listed?

Edited by HappyMaz

Hi there,

just been asked a question by a friend who did a BTEC in Nursery Nursing 10 years ago - she now wants to get back into working with children after a long break and was wondering if she needs to do any more qlalifications to help her to do this.

Thanks

Sarah xoxo

Hi Sarah

I did my Btec nat diploma in 1997 at college and mine is still a valid qualification but as suggested she will definatly need to update her knowledge with extra training. I mean back then it was the 'Desirable Outcomes' that were being taught in colleges!

Claire

Guest Wolfie

I agree with Starsky - it'll be a matter of getting on training to update knowledge, find out about legislation, etc. that's come in since she qualified - ECM, EYFS, etc.

I dont know if its just a county thing but we recently sent someone coming back into the profession on a four day course which had five modules of all important aspects e.g. child dev, child protection, integrated working, etc. This gave an updated approach to her, which she needed as she still thought things could be done the same as 10yrs ago!

Hmmm, come to think of it she didint take the info on board and is no longer with us, but i suppose its more about how you use the information! :o

but anyway, there are updater courses out there is what i am trying to say xD

lucie x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)